• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Massive performance drop with many large waves

Steppenwolf

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 1, 2007
I have a performance problem when encountering large waves >100.

The fps not suddenly drop down, but they are getting lower and lower till the game is a slide show and unplayable.

I have absolutly no problems in the beginner mode (less specimens), but as soon I enter a server on >=normal this problem occurs.

The first waves everything is normal, but then the fps drops.

I meet - beside the cpu - the recommended system specs (AMD Turion X2 TL-50 with 1,6 GHz, 2 GB Ram, Geforce 7600 with 256 MB).

:confused:

I thought that too, but this can't be.

Choosing the lowest settings didn't help.

It seems to be a problem caused by KF himself. For example I recently played WestLondon on normal and it was the third wave.
Everything went fine. But after killing some specimen the problem comes up again -> slideshow.
This time I survived until the wave was over -> no specimens -> still slideshow. :(

There is also another thing happen related to the performance drop problem. Some of the models (specimen and squad) starts to spin around (I remember RO had a problem with spinning models a while ago ... or still has).

:confused:

Upvote 0