• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Mass Effect 3

Doesn't matter if it costs 870 USD or 15 USD (collectors edition), my point still stands. I want to vote with my wallet that business practises like these are awful, but blind people (like you) just buy the game regardless, making my actions irrelevant in the big picture. That is why people are complaining in the first place, to get more people to understand why business practises like these are unethical.
Well simple: You don't tell me what to buy and what not to buy and you are not to judge me.

Upvote 0
So your excuse for behaving like a brat is that you don't want "forum elitists" to like you? I'm sure there's a psychological disorder that fits this, I just can't recall what it was called.
Too easy.

Funny though how anyone that disagrees with him is an elitist. Starting to sound like the American elections up in here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There's also another angle to it, which I think I've mentioned here before. If people like DraKon2k are so eager and happy to buy into the monetizing schemes that EA is doing now, these schemes will get worse and worse with every big release.

So while some people may be fine with how EA is behaving at the moment, they need to consider where we will be in a few years, if they keep encouraging EA like this.

Kind of like how when MW2's price was increased to $60, and everyone bought it most of the other big publishers copied their increased pricing and now just about every new title is $60? Of course, but many people won't understand or care.

What's up with this GAME company, I keep hearing stuff about them being in deep financial trouble or sth

Considering it is a game store no wonder it is going out of business. :p

From a PC game standpoint it doesn't matter, as stores only carry 3-5 PC titles and they always charge full price. At least over here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Kind of like how when MW2's price was increased to $60, and everyone bought it most of the other big publishers copied their increased pricing and now just about every new title is $60? Of course, but many people won't understand or care.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is bull****, in central Europe at least. The only PC Games for 60

Upvote 0
I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is bull****, in central Europe at least. The only PC Games for 60€ are most AAA Activision titles at release. No one else. If anything games are getting cheaper, as many are now offered for 40€ or 45€ instead of the usual 50€. The only thing EA ever did was trying to screw customers @Origin by giving BF3 & ME3 a 60€ price tag, but in store here it was still 49,99€.

And most importantly, if you buy most of your games retail for full price instead of waiting for the price to drop / importing them cheaper, then YOU are the fool.

The only fool is the person who spends 50 Euros on a single game. :p

Obviously no one buys retail anymore, hence why stores are phasing out all PC games. The most I spent on any game in years was roughly 32 Euros (ME3). I am sure the next generation of console games will go down this path as Xbox Live/Playstation Store (or whatever they call it) becomes a larger seller of games. I would expect in the next 7 or so years for most of the game stores to start shutting down just like the movie rental stores have.

PC games have gone up slightly in price...

This is true. In the early 2000s many PC games sold for $40 at release, Jane's USAF, Homeworld 2, LOMAC, ect. are some from the top of my head. Now the average is $60, a 33% increase. And now the games are broken up via DLC and require multiple purchases to get all of the content. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/mass-effect-mass-effect/727583

8Y6uC.gif

Upvote 0