• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maps along timeline and possible KFO story mode?

Quintuplin

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2014
So I was thinking about the upcoming manor map, and just realized that the current maps have fit into a bit of a continuous story. At End of Line, our heroes go into a subway to Europe in hot pursuit of The Patriarch...

Right into a Burning Paris.

Now where are all the zeds coming from? Why of course the nearest Biotics Lab.

But here they find information in data banks listing various facilities, specifically an Outpost with more information that hadn't been deleted yet...

Outpost held directions to the home of Hans, who had been directing the majority of attacks upon them so far in Europe. So in the hopes of hunting him down and getting to The Patriarch, they travel to the Manor...

Seeing how well this fits, it makes me wonder if there is any possibility of KFO story missions such as End of Line making a resurgence with a more complete story.

At very least, it fits together nicely. I expect the next few maps to have a similar continuous scaling feeling, as we move throughout maps that go deeper into the heart of both Europe and Horzine's HQ, and finding new bosses along the way to the final battle against the true Patty.

What do y'all think?

Last edited:
I know TWI doesn't do much story content, but with the way the maps and game are panning out it might not be as hard as they think it is to write up a little something story-wise. Not that it'd be easy or quick, just potentially worth the investment.

But yeah, even without a kfo, the maps themselves are already telling enough of a story for me. Sometimes understated is far more elegant than spelling it out. I'm perfectly happy with things as they are.

Upvote 0