• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Map] TE-Provkhoy beta

First of all THANKS!

About the map, I played only twice today... for axis is very hard to get throu, because artillery is too small for a map of this size (which i like btw) So, 2 tanks for germany (just for the start, dunno if it is possible to place some kind of counter, or limit class after they took A) would be good. Two light tanks or armored cars would be even better, but we don't have them yet... To compensate and balance, russian could have artillery and germans not, or very limited. Also, recon plane is disabled, but on a map like this intelligence is very helpful.

Another suggestion, make AT obstacles and barbed wire destroyable with arty\satchels. Adds to the fun and to the tactics.

About the trench sistems... honestly i don't like it much. looks more a corridor for invaders then a defensive structure.

Dunno if you created those, but the armored train wagons (those with sandbags walls) are very nice, they just miss some fixed MGs. (also consider for the future maps some kind of middle line not-so-armored train, would be cool imo)

Your map is very promising and it's enjoiable already as it is, keep it up! And thanks again :)

Upvote 0
dl.dropbox.com/u/16686911/provkhoy.torrent
Here's a torrent for the people that can't download from dropbox. I got it from Raneman, credits go to him as far as I'm concerned :)

Oh, and could someone make a torrent for the server files as well, I think that would help to get the map on some more servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice map! Great layout, with lots of flanking opportunities. This feels like an RO1 map.

The map looks great with a lot of details, which I think is causing a lot of the FPS issues I'm reading about. There's a lot of high quality / poly static meshes - while looking great are probably causing the frame rate issues for those with lesser machines.

My comment on the lighting is (from a photographer's stand point) - you need to fill in the interiors a bit. They're just a tad too dark. Don't make them too bright though, as people inside them should still be hard to spot. The exterior lighting is too flat (not too bright). Wit the skybox showing a bright day, there's too much "fill" as you would would see on a cloudy day. In other words, the shadows aren't dark enough in the shade, or the sun placement is too high overhead.

I also noticed, there didn't seem to be any cool down time on the mortars. Talking about mortars, I think there are too many radios. It seems silly to have a radio every other structure.

Great job, and looking forward to seeing the later betas. Lot of fun playing it, even with mostly bots.

Upvote 0
dl.dropbox.com/u/16686911/provkhoy.torrent
Here's a torrent for the people that can't download from dropbox. I got it from Raneman, credits go to him as far as I'm concerned :)

Oh, and could someone make a torrent for the server files as well, I think that would help to get the map on some more servers.

You made a torrent file for people who can't download from dropbox, and put the torrent file on dropbox?
Edit: Oh, too much traffic.

Upvote 0
Okay just played a little bit with several others and the more the play the map the more I like it. Really like the rolling green hills (wish there were more), the size of the map is good and I really like the ambient sounds off in the distance.

I know you will continue to refine the map as this is the B1 version and it will only get better.

Thanks again Leo for all the effort you have put into this map as we all get to benefit.

shake

Upvote 0
I tested the map with some bots and I think it's great. The lightning is a bit bright, it's nice, but somehow it feels weird, also, the buildings need some lightsources, they're way too dark inside. I also discovered a weird looking crater. Screenshot is attached.

I only played for like 15 minutes, so that's all I can come up with for now. Will post more when I get some more time to test.

Attachments

• 2012-02-05_00001.jpg
    2012-02-05_00001.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Thank you very much for the addition of the map. FPS suffers and hopefuly that can be fixed. I have a crazy theory that its because the map is too large and the engine cannot handle it but then again alot of the current maps are some what large, but I think this map is the largest so far which is why fps are low. *shrugs*

Again man great work.

Upvote 0