• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] Bridges of Druzhina Beta5

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 russian tank is good!
Just add some destructible objects on the streets and on the bridges, so the russian tank needs the help of the Pioneers and then they will have a job.

This would be nice!

*Excellent Idea! That would create the need for even more teamwork and give the engis something to do.

*I would really advise against going the Germans that tank, after more play-testing as well; if the us tank has an opposing tank he will not be able to stay with infantry anymore. It is like this on all the twi maps. The infantry and tanks never get to work together because the tanks have no choice but to constantly focus on the other tanks. Also they die a lot. In Bridges of Dhurusomething, the allied tank can stay alive and work together with, cover, move up with the infantry. No other map has that, many have the bland disconnected tank combat we already know.

*Third, as the map is now, if you were to play with only infantry, I expect constant stalemates, and serious meatgrinding over one capture point or two. I feel it would play really badly, and I think trying to make a map that plays well in both configurations would mostly lead to an overall less awesome map.

*Fourth, in response to another post in the thread, plz don't disable respawn on squadleader. I play realism because I love this, people can play it in classic mode if they prefer to play without respawn. Personally I never play gamemodes or maps where this feature is off.

Oh and in PM the location of a building you can walk inside :p.

*edit after reading the whole thread*plz don't listen to the vocal nay-sayers on the tank. There are enough meatgrinder maps. Yours is unique.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The map is fine. It is wildly popular. The tank is helpful, but certainly not a deal-breaker. It succumbs to magnetic AT mines regularly. Heck, half the tank commanders can't find the HE ammo. (smirk) In the last day or two we've seen numerous wins on both sides. Let's let the beta cool off from the oven for awhile before we start making knee jerk demands for change.

Upvote 0
I would request that the tin shacks on either hill get turned into sandbags. The shacks are just too likely to clip bullets. Some proper defenses there would be a nice addition.

I would also like to see some squad spawn points on the far edges of F and G. Some more near the river would be good as well. It can get pretty bad when the SL is unable to get his squad to the forward position or on the flanks.

These two changes would balance each other out, since one gives advantage to the defender and one lends itself to the attacker. Food for thought.

Upvote 0
Fantastic map. Played on both sides and greatly enjoyed it. The tank is a great feature and I don't see any need to remove it or add another.

The last cap seemed a bit odd as the map ended rather abruptly in Allied victory - it seemed like Allies don't need to cross that last bridge, though I only saw the play get that far once so couldn't be sure.

The tin shacks in the middle of the fields are the only art elements I felt didn't quite fit. Just such a different style to the architecture in the rest of the map. Perhaps if they had lower roofs they might be less jarring on the landscape?

Is bullet penetration modelled for the materials yet? That kind of thin corrugated iron shouldn't stop bullets at all, currently I think it does? Also the small trees shouldn't stop rifle and MG bullets; again, it seemed to me that they did but hard to be sure given I had ping over 400.

Great work!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
*Fourth, in response to another post in the thread, plz don't disable respawn on squadleader. I play realism because I love this, people can play it in classic mode if they prefer to play without respawn. Personally I never play gamemodes or maps where this feature is off.
I didn't say he should remove respawns completely, only the function to spawn on the squad leader. I often spawned 10 meters away from the objective, when the original spawn is like 150m away from it. While it also benefits the defenders, it benefits the attackers much, much more. Harley can't do anything about it, though. Spawn on SL is now entirely up to the server.

Upvote 0
After capping FG, I tried to spawn on squad leader and I ended up spawning behind german lines.

Attachments

• 2012-08-08_00002.jpg
    2012-08-08_00002.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2012-08-08_00003.jpg
    2012-08-08_00003.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2012-08-08_00004.jpg
    2012-08-08_00004.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2012-08-08_00005.jpg
    2012-08-08_00005.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2012-08-08_00006.jpg
    2012-08-08_00006.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Played Bridges yesterday for the first time and it was great! This is probably the best map so far.

Despite saying that MG deployment on windows works now, it doesn't. In many windows it was impossible. Another very small thing that bothered me was those long, narrow death alleys made by iron fences (like in the 6th picture) and walls where you have only two openings and a long way to cross without cover. I don't know if there was only one of these and I just managed to get there to kill myself many times. Anyways, some openings in the iron fence would be nice.

Overall this is a wonderful map. Thank you!

Upvote 0
Just played a couple of rounds with bots to test the map out, as I couldn't find any servers running it - congrats and thank you for making a great map. :)
However, I did notice that the house on the right side of the last bridge (German point of view) has LOD issues with the window-blocking tin panes (the ones that can be seen from the left-hand German objective on the Russian side of the river). I can get a screen if necessary, wasn't running Fraps at the time I noticed it.

Upvote 0
Found some interesting bugs/gliches

You can walk though this house..
Spoiler!

You'll end up here
Spoiler!

You Seem to used the same house static mesh elsewhere too.
I walked here, I think through a bulding
Spoiler!

Mohahah brilliant! Time for some spawn ****

Spoiler!

Can easily fire into spawn.
I just walked far left from the last pic and there was a high hill, I could walk ontop off. From there I just walked on to the wall.
There was also a nice position to fire unto the eneimes 300m away if I had a scope and they where attacking the first bridge area.

I just realised, I found this while playing from the Beta 2b version...
Well I am posting this anyway! :p (I dont think you have fixed this yet.)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.