• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Manor HoE

Mätibaggings

Grizzled Veteran
May 7, 2015
Finland
So I am interested in spots/tactics on this map. With 4 or 6 players.

It seems that without having 2 (good) zerks youre forced to kite quite very early. And kiting is horrible in this map because of the retarded teleporting.
The best spots I have seen so far are he back porch(U turn near garden) or near the 2nd spawn, upstairs, though that can get overrun quite easily.

Is the 2 zerks a must-have or is there something else to try out still? Out of the people I've had success with I am always a zerk and other guys don't have the level/skill to play it correctly.

The morgue works fairly well with pubs on suicidal. Zeds really come in from the stairs to the dining room and the throne room, only some random crawler/stalker packs pop up from time to time from the wine cellar. Railings to kite FPs and SCs, some place to move around, can bail to the corridor leading to cellar stairs. I guess a good HoE team could hold it.

Upvote 0
The morgue works fairly well with pubs on suicidal. Zeds really come in from the stairs to the dining room and the throne room, only some random crawler/stalker packs pop up from time to time from the wine cellar. Railings to kite FPs and SCs, some place to move around, can bail to the corridor leading to cellar stairs. I guess a good HoE team could hold it.

Even the demon statue works on suicidal....

Upvote 0
If you have a quality group of people you can hold the main courtyard by the demon statue.

You need a commando holding the top left exit at the top of the stairs. From here he can cover the direction towards the pool table, the trader in the bottom left and the stairs forward.

A support roaming in the courtyard.

A support covering the back by the demon statue and keeping the far stairs clear.

2 medics floating.

A commando holding courtyard and covering right stairs.

Kite as needed by exiting right up the stairs and in through the door by the fireplace towards the other courtyard areas.

Upvote 0
There are small corners on each side of the room with a statue (man with angel wings) 2nd floor that you can block with 1/2 zerks and your team hiding behind. Tho it can be called cheap due to how targeting works atm (most of zeds are agroed on players behing zerk and dont attack zerk). If you dont care about it this tactic is very effective and easy, if you do the U turn was the best place i camped. The only things that caused troubles there are double fp/multiple scrakes/fp sc mix, but thats normal on any camp i guess. You can try to run for the double door to block double fp with zerk there when they come in.

Upvote 0
Theorycraft based on my solo plays.

_Basement Morgue (done with fairly good success)

Plant one super patient player (non zerk) near the trader area watching the sink side and right door(spawn blocks the right door).

Zerker + Support on left door (one not near the stairs) - Zerker kills trash support helps if overwhelmed. Bored ranged from above can help with Medium picks if they go into LoS.

Commando located at the corner where pillar is looking down the hall that leads to the stairs to the fireplace (literally just up the small steps from where Zerker+Support should be).

2 Medics or 1 medic + 1 support/commando healing and providing backup as necessary.

The patient player and 2 others should keep an eye out on drains for crawler/clot/stalker popins.

90% if not all of the spawn should funnel right in from the door that Zerker+Support is watching due to the fact that Line of sight is preventing spawns and they are the closest to spawns without actually preventing spawning in.

If team feels overwhelmed, make a break for the patient players exit (right door) while 1 or 2 members play catch up slowly so nothing teleports.

From here, the demon statue fountain can be ok if the number left is manageable. Otherwise Garden holdout overlooking the sea or the outdoor balcony "U". Just remember to not have everyone running at once or else you will deal with siren/bloat combos and wipe.

_The outside "U" Balcony area as everyone knows.

_Spawn area/Chandelier(theoretical untested, considering each man gets their own lane very difficult unless you have competent team)

Put two Commandos side by side watching each door.

One medic in front of demon statue blocking spawn and watching the rightside staircase side.

Support, Commando and Zerker/Medic go up left side staircase and into the room where you can jump off into the library. For this group if a heal is required (without a siren in view) medic throws nade.

When a bail is called team moves toward either the "U" balcony, via the exit near windows or towards the pool room -> fountain depending on what the statue Medic sees.

Those are a couple of my theorycrafts, as stated I've had the basement done with fairly good success (not a full clear but all things considered not bad), the outside balcony works pretty well all depending on how quickly team can clear scrakes (or as long as you have a team that clears trash as one is circling and isn't full of a bunch a people that stares at the scrake as the team is getting overrun).

The major problem you'll have in pubs is that people get bored and move around and don't realize that just standing in a certain position is crucial to the teams success. If they knew that, literally any place will work as long as you manipulate the spawns.

Upvote 0
Personally I think having two or three mobile teams is a good way not to be crowded out and just kite as much as possible on the outside.

Or alot of times Ive played with teams that defend the raised area on the right of the garden the one that is shaped like a U with two meds and the rest how you like. Ofc this will mean that the "team" must know when to run and do it early and well enough that at max1 person only dies.

It also helps having a medic who can block doors while the rest of the team unloads onto the fps and the other medic heals (nade) the blocking med. The meds can alternate if required.

Also one of the other members of the team will need to watch the teams six while taking out fps.

ALso requires a group of players who know how to avoid raging scrakes accidently.

But it can be done.

Upvote 0