• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MAC-10: Boost, or leave it how it is?

Even if they did weigh 6 blocks. That's still enough to carry dual MAC-10's plus a trench gun. That's not bad at all.
sK16NcG.jpg

"GEE BILL, HOW COME THE TRADER LETS YOU CARRY TWO MAC-10s?"
"I USE A TRENCHGUN!"

(Uncle Howel, i wanna hear another story :3)
I'm afraid your ol' uncle's got some spotty memory and so I can't recall any more stories at the moment, but once I remember another you'll be the first to know :)

Upvote 0
Actually, I agree that the firebug needs more guns. mac 10 is perfect as it is, however there is a ump 45 out there that would make an excellent addition to his lineup.

I also am a fan of firebugs being able to load any non-shotgun with fire rounds, but without the other perks that normally come with buying firebug weapons.

Upvote 0
The way I see the Firebug arsenal, it's quality over quantity. The entire set of Firebug weapons is:
  • Flamethrower
  • MAC10
  • Trenchgun
  • Flare Revolver
  • Husk Cannon
  • Incendiary Grenades
Six weapons, unless you count Dual Flares as separate.
But, all of them are entirely unique. While, for example, the Commando and Demolitions and Support have some weapons that entirely outclass other weapons in their perk (so essentially their arsenal gets "upgraded" as they get more money), all the Firebug weapons serve a unique purpose, and excel at it. While some would argue that, say, the Husk Cannon outclasses the Flamethrower and Flare Revolver for their primary functions, each of them can still do things that the Husk Cannon can't.
So, there are no bad Firebug weapons.

I also am a fan of firebugs being able to load any non-shotgun with fire rounds, but without the other perks that normally come with buying firebug weapons.
Given how fire damage is calculated, that would be SO broken. But I like the way you think. A flaming sword would be kickass.

Upvote 0
The only SMGs currently, unless my memory has really left me, are mediguns. Not much use in that.
As cool as it would be, I don't think there's any sensible way to implement this. Even if you applied it to only one weapon per other perk, you'd still end up with the Firebug thus having affinity with offperk weapons, which with a few exceptions is something no other perk has. It's just too out-of-place, unfortunately.

Upvote 0
I was playing firebug when you had only a flamethrower. Firebug currently is the most diverse class in the game. All the weapons are different and serve different functions. Getting swarmed? Flamethrower. Scrakes a problem? Husk Launcher. Kiting game? Mac 10. Need sustainable burst damage? Dual Flare Pistols with a trench gun. The only zed to give a firebug a real problem is a ninja fast...i mean gorefast. That's it.

TL;DR perk pistols, machine guns, launchers, shotguns and a freaking flamethrower. How much more do you want? The flaming sword from fallout? Wouldn't complain.

Upvote 0
The only zed to give a firebug a real problem is a ninja fast...i mean gorefast. That's it.
The flaming sword from fallout? Wouldn't complain.
You forgot Fleshpounds.
Ahh, the Shishkebab. That was my favorite. I didn't realize you were supposed to try diplomacy with The Family, I kept trying to slaughter them all and then loot the sword and schematics. :eek:

Upvote 0
You forgot Fleshpounds.
Ahh, the Shishkebab. That was my favorite. I didn't realize you were supposed to try diplomacy with The Family, I kept trying to slaughter them all and then loot the sword and schematics. :eek:

Oohhhh the shishkebab, the only melee weapon I use. And Who didnt kill the family for the sword? But yes, killing floor could use it.

Upvote 0
Oohhhh the shishkebab, the only melee weapon I use. And Who didnt kill the family for the sword? But yes, killing floor could use it.
I tried my hardest, but just couldn't kill them all. Ran out of ammo, VATS power, and health.
Turns out, if you just talk to the leader you can work out a deal that makes everyone happy, at which point he just gives you the schematics. Good deal.

Upvote 0
I tried my hardest, but just couldn't kill them all. Ran out of ammo, VATS power, and health.
Turns out, if you just talk to the leader you can work out a deal that makes everyone happy, at which point he just gives you the schematics. Good deal.

I found the terrible shotgun makes short work of it. But the town doesnt get mad if you work out a deal.

Upvote 0
I just came back to KF after a long break. Originally played when FB was thrower only.
I didn't care too much for the perk at all and didn't play it beyond a couple test runs. The Mac10 came out before my hiatus but I never used it as I wasn't playing FB.

Messing around and decided to go different when my choice perks were filled already.
Grabbed a Mac10 and was blown away, stupid good. Clots & Crawlers 1 shot and forget them body shot or not.
Bloats and gore fasts let them close a bit more and given them one to the head with a its nice iron sight.
Got with a couple friends doing HoE on a big open map and went with my level 3 FB perk and a Mac10. Wow just wow. Had to make sure I left some more room for things to burn out but burn out they did.
I was impressed 1 Mac10 to the siren pet her crisp and a trench to the general face vicinity and poof.

For my no skillz having , still somewhat rusty from long absence, weak level 3 perk turning in a good performance on HoE with pretty much just a Mac10.
Leads me to think it is either just right or more likely a bit over powered.

Upvote 0
Leads me to think it is either just right or more likely a bit over powered.
Seems just right to me. Besides the quick burst of damage that magdumping it gives you, it doesn't do anything that the other Firebug weapons can't also do. It's a nice alternative to the Flamethrower for simply igniting lots of zeds if you're using a Husk Cannon or Trenchgun loadout (or something else too heavy to pair with a Flamethrower), but other than that, it's outclassed in most areas by the others. The Flamethrower can ignite more zeds a lot faster and can go longer without reloading, the Husk Cannon has much better direct hit damage potential, and the Flare Gun has more potent headshots. Plus, all Firebug weapons except the Trenchgun have better DoT damage than the MAC10 at higher levels of Firebug, since the MAC10's DoT doesn't scale with the perk level (and neither does the Trenchgun's DoT, for that matter).

Like I said earlier, it's definitely a great weapon, but I don't think it's tipping the balance of the Firebug's arsenal at all.

Back in my days on Normal difficulty I used to swear by a loadout of the MAC10 + LAR.

Last edited:
Upvote 0