• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

M.E.A.T. system and the new resistances

Frost Spectre

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Not entirely sure if it's because of the new resistances, but I've noticed a huge reduction in zeds being torn into tiny bits.

Support shotguns tend to result headpops, torn limbs and shredded abdomen, with split torsos and horizontal bisection becoming very rare occurences.

Demolitionists explosions now tend to just tear the zed apart near the epicenter of the explosions, rare to see tiny giblets now, as the area that causes bigger gibs to turn into tiny giblets is very small it seems. I still remember of being able to turn a knee deep pile of dead zed corpses into tiny giblets with a one grenade from M79, same for a horde of living zeds.

Noticed this in Hard online, Hard offline and even Normal offline.
Odd to see that zeds tend to gib less at Normal difficutly...

I did try to change the gore level on gameplay settings, I found the no gore setting to be hilarious with shotguns (SG-500 made zeds to fly away, something it can't do with max gore, even Fleshpounds can fly), restoring the setting to maximum didn't fix the issue...

Anyone else having this?

Last edited:
Yea the devs don't give a damn about the gore right now. Were not going to be seeing any interesting or new variations anytime soon and the resistances aren't going to change anything. You can blow open some dudes torso with an AR in this game or just give a little stab or a 9mm shot and its open. You don't even see their intestines fall out of their stomach or have live dismemberment. SOF was way better in every way and I'm disappointed they couldn't even get to that level. We don't even have dynamic head destuction because it's disabled for the most part. Only can break the jaw and 1 other part of the head off and then nothing. Decals disappear on death and most of them are decent at best with the worst offender being the lame melee cuts.

Hopefully we'll be able to see a gore overhaul after the games finished so I can finally use the Pulverizer to make a Clot puke out his internal organs when I smash his stomach in and then proceed to hit him really hard in his jaw that his head flips 90 degrees(just like in kf1 with low gore enabled).

Upvote 0