• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Low Gore Mode

Yomommassis

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Palmdale, CA USA
I remember posting in a thread about a guy who had Low Gore mode and I couldnt help him with whatever assistance he needed
I looked back and I cant find the thread for the life of me

but anyways after looking further into it I found out how to toggle Low Gore on and off

just open console and type
Code:
Set Engine.GameInfo bLowGore False

or if you would like to try Low Gore enable it
Code:
Set Engine.GameInfo bLowGore True

its actually kinda cool, if combined well with regular gore mode it would make the game cooler i think

when you get a headshot the specimens head kicks way back and locks, more realistic than the head simply EXPLODING from one 9mm

and explosives dont gib specimens so there is a lot more flying ragdols :]

Reactions: Vaecrius
its actually kinda cool, if combined well with regular gore mode it would make the game cooler i think

What is regular gore mode?

when you get a headshot the specimens head kicks way back and locks, more realistic than the head simply EXPLODING from one 9mm and explosives dont gib specimens so there is a lot more flying ragdols :]

I prefer exploding heads but explosions which don't gib specimens so you can see them flying through the air looks fun but I tryed it and when I enable lowgore mode the corpses disappear almost instantly and there's no blood at all :(

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure that was my post... (too lazy to find it myself :p)

Yeah, it is pretty freaky to watch a partially decapitated clot or gorefast walking around, and it is neat to make the zeds behave a bit more like the players... though now I've turned the gore back on since it doesn't help framerate or visibility any and some of the non-effects (things are more likely to just disappear without any feedback) look very odd and incomplete.

Upvote 0