• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Looking past Rising Storm 2: the future of TWI

G-fan 27

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Now i gotta say not only was i excited to see this announcement, but i was also skeptical as this has the potential to turn out good or bad.

the potentially good being that this will open up other historical wars such as korean war or other american or international historical wars. For me personally id really be intersted in a korean war or especially a ww1 shooter (oh god twi please have a ww1 shooter planned to release in 2018).

I can also see this as potentially bad as twi could take the AAA fps titles route where all of them transitioned from ww2 to vietnam, to modern/future fps's. I really dont want them to take that route because there is enough of those in the genre as it is.

To me there is getting to be too many games in which all i hear is fully auto weapsons just being absolutely sprayed as 90% of weapons are automatics. For me vietnam is sorta a transitional period here as many of the guns seen in the war were representative of ww2 era and modern era. That is my glimmer of hope for this game and that it doesnt become a automatic weapon spray fest.

I stated this before, but the historical inaccuracies prevalent shown in the trailer raise a couple alarms too. I know that they were in ro2, but this many in a trailer alone is concerning.

Like i said this is a big moment or twi, they decide in the fps world that if they with there red orchestra series (along with its rising storm counterpart) stay a gritty realistic experience or start to dab in the more battlefield esque type experience.

Hope they keep their roots and we can see likes of future titles like
"Rising Storm 3: The Forgotten War" (Korea) and "Red Orchestra: The War to End all Wars" (WW1 which would sorta be a prequel to the current red orchestra series or perhaps ww1 could get its own series, after all it had any fronts and differnt figtiing styles.)

Well, since RO2's battlefield effectively was dominated by the autos/semi-autos (no sense in bringing up the old glory days of the bolt-actions in Ost), I really can't see them being LESS prevalent in RS2, especially if you have in mind the initial statement about the era as being marked by large-scale introduction of ARs.

However, I think that if the old map system is brought back (where the mapper can determine map loadout/maybe available unlocks as well, if they are even in?), we might see some interesting asymmetrical fights (early war VC loadouts etc.), which is probably planned by AMG since that was also in the release statement. Time will tell I guess, at this point all we can do is speculate.
(RS2 is dead!!!1)

Upvote 0
If your that interested in a WW1 fps who don't you buy/play Verdun?

Verdun is unique and fun to play...for small amounts of time, but it still feels very clunky. Single strands of barbed wire are not as deadly as they used to be, but still difficult to navigate out of without killing yourself.

I'd welcome just about any theatre of war that TWI invests in. They are bringing a fresh face back to FPS's that I haven't seen since vcod or cod2.

Upvote 0
I see here chain of events where Red Orchestra ->Killing Floor ->RO2->RS->KF2->RS2-> some kind of mod maybe? I dont know exactly what happend to MareNostrum team and DH team, but some of these guys suppose to make a mod of WW1.
I've been waiting too much for Iron Europe for RO2 and Grankerbeirg, but they are both dead and i'm pretty much hoping someone will create a mod for RS2.
As G-fan 27 tell us, Verdun dont feel like if Tripwire done this game.
On example compare Verdun and Ivan Berg map from RO2 in WW1 style, of course both games have their own advantages and disadvantages but we are on RS2 forum :D
Anyway, i hope SDK will stay as in KF2 or will stay like in RO2 but will get rid of Kismet and we could make WW1 map afterall :)

Upvote 0
I see here chain of events where Red Orchestra ->Killing Floor ->RO2->RS->KF2->RS2-> some kind of mod maybe? I dont know exactly what happend to MareNostrum team and DH team, but some of these guys suppose to make a mod of WW1.
Mare Nostrum is making In Country.
Darkest Hour is making Festung Europa.

I'm not confident too about FE being released/completed. I'm a little more sure about IC, but still not great. The WW1 mod for RO2/RS dead awhile ago.

Upvote 0