• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Long Hair

I've had long hair (down between my shoulder blades).

I can only say this. short hair pwns long hair in every way EXCEPT headbanging.
But then, back when I had my hair long, I loved it. My girlfriend at that time made me cut it off though, as she complained to suffocate from them when we were... erm... well, ya know... as they hung into her face.
But after I cut them off, there were several advantages:

-no coughing and gagging GF in bed, thus more "lub"

-better brain ventilation in summer, read less heat.

-no more painfull combing

-you only have to wash them half as much (never used conditioner though... that's just not manly)

-no more two hours needed to dry the hair (when I use a hairdryer instead of letting it dry by itself, I too get an afro-like hairstlye due to my thick hair, no matter how long they are)

-no more bundles of hair blocking drains

-no more waking up because you ripped some of your hair as you turned in sleep while lying on them

-after going out, it doesn't tangle in your face soaked with the nightly stenches of smoke, booze and vomit (without you to actually smoke, drink or vomit, your hair still stinks if you go somewhere where one or all of these things are done)

-no more pakistani rose vendors coming at you when you're out with male pals and sitting with your back towards the entrance.

Upvote 0
I've had long hair (down between my shoulder blades).

I can only say this. short hair pwns long hair in every way

I concur... I used to have hair halfway to my arse and apart from it being liked
by the kinda girls that I had no real interest in (i.e. wannabe hippies) it had no real plusses.

With short hair you can get it cut to reflect any kinda style you want every month or so. It's easier to clean and doesn't get caught in machinery, GF's orthodontic braces (I would imagine :D) bung up bath plugholes etc. Plus, once your hair starts falling out, there is nothing that looks sadder than someone with long hair but a bald patch on top.

If you are in certain jobs people will not take you seriously without short hair. This ain't selling out or anything - just think if you were going to have brain surgery performed on you by a guy with matted dreads - how would feel?

Upvote 0
I once had my hair down to my waist but it was purly for spiritual reasons. It had nothing to do with anything else such as looking cool, the in thing or what have you. That been said, yes conditioner is extremly important as well as washing on a daily basis. Trim your split ends to keep looking healthy and avoid maitenance. It has nothong to do with growth it grows from your scalp. Do not blow dry it ever and stick with one style. If you want healthy hair, never perm or color it. as far as dreadlocks go, the hair is matted together and takes years. It is a stong conection and representation to the rastifarian faith. Many people wear long hair for spiritual reasons and do not allow others to touch it because of the power it holds. Without getting into it this is a personal belief that some do not take lightly especially in the native culture.

Whatever your reasons, good luck with it and enjoy while it lasts cause as you get older you will eventually cut it off.:D

Upvote 0
Dude, 1972 just called on the phone.

It wants it's hair back.

LOL.

To me it's all about comfort. The shorter the better IMHO. Form follows function. Which is why some of us wonder what function that pony tail serves on an adult male...hmmmm?

Long hair was "kewl" back in the day but it's for kiddies and wannabes now I think.

Anway, it's just a fashion thing. And most adult men could care less about fashion. And you have to wonder about the ones that do.

Upvote 0
To me it's all about comfort. The shorter the better IMHO. Form follows function. Which is why some of us wonder what function that pony tail serves on an adult male...hmmmm?

Long hair was "kewl" back in the day but it's for kiddies and wannabes now I think.

Anway, it's just a fashion thing. And most adult men could care less about fashion.
It's just personal preference, people dress & groom themselves according to their personality and most according to what others find acceptable. I could just as easily say why do some "adult males" shave their faces everyday? Are they afraid to look too "grown up" and old? There's really no function to shaving your face everyday other than looks (which is not a function of anything).

Upvote 0
Yep, like I already said...fashion.

Personally, I shave because if it grows out it itches the **** out of me.

I don't have to and but I do shave for the same reason I keep my hair short. For comfort. I can have a beard in one week if I wanted one but I find them annoying.

Now some kids let their facial hair grow to make themselves look older I guess. But like you said Quetus, whatever floats their boats.

BTW, what was the reason for you quoting me above?

You could have posted your opinion without quoting me so what's up with that? Are you trying to prove something to me or just trying to make this personal?

Upvote 0
wow gonzo is a little touchy...whats up with that dude? also long hair is cool:cool:

Hey Bullitt, I'm quoting you, not because I'm replying specifically to you, but because I'm trying to start something with you and make it personal! Whaddaya think of that, punk? Huh? Huh? :rolleyes:

Anyway, David Glimour... Dirty hippie...

david-gilmour-older.jpg

Just look at him.

Upvote 0
BTW, what was the reason for you quoting me above?

You could have posted your opinion without quoting me so what's up with that? Are you trying to prove something to me or just trying to make this personal?
Lol! The reason I quoted you is because I'm the adult male with the pony tail who's function you question. The part of it being "kewl back in the day" or for modern day "wanabees" was the extra delicious part! No worries though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lol! The reason I quoted you is because I'm the adult male with the pony tail who's function you question. The part of it being "kewl back in the day" or for modern day "wanabees" was the extra delicious part! No worries though.

Yeah that's what I figured. I struck a chord.

So what is the function of that pony tail anyway? Ive heard these rumors and wanted to hear an explanation from the "kewl" side of the house.

Upvote 0
Yeah that's what I figured. I struck a chord.

So what is the function of that pony tail anyway? Ive heard these rumors and wanted to hear an explanation from the "kewl" side of the house.
It's not to be cool. It suits my nature & personality (Patience, creative, artistic, music loving, free thinking weirdo, lover of nature). Not that you can't be all those things with short hair though...personal preference.

Upvote 0