• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 List of weapons you want in-game for both RS and HoS

ALMOST CONFIRMED!

47662d1248531182t-ptrd-action-cover-ptrd-action-cover.jpg

THANKS BOB

From a developer perspective it was a good decision, however nobody is preventing us from adding more weapons like the PTRD or PzB39.

Upvote 0
There is a thread identical to this one on page 3. I think TWI are well aware of 100% of the guns in this thread, and the reason there aren't more in the game is the result of time and manpower constraints.

I think the best way to make this constructive is to make a list in order of priority, hopefully in order to gain some sort of consensus. Otherwise you might as well just say "every gun ever" and /thread.

That being said my list goes as such: 1. Luger P08 2. M38 3. MG42

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ROKS-3
Spoiler!

Flammenwerfer 35
Spoiler!
I wouldn't be opposed if there were some definite nerfs done to the current flamethrower class like some mouse smoothing added and the number of them reduced on every map. Also I hate to point it out but the Roks 2 would make more sense at Stalingrad than the Roks 3 (I think). Besides the Roks 2 just has a better looking tank system IMO.

e80aec18c4e7.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Would it be realistic to add flamethrowers to RO2, code wise? Would it require a new class, like in RS?

I know TWI is against it (in Realism mode), but I'd like to see any community made flamers have a reduced speed and stamina. Also, mappers should only put them on the attacking team, as realistically, you don't want to burn down your own defenses.

That said, lets see a Ka-Bar combat knife for the Marines.

Upvote 0
Would it be realistic to add flamethrowers to RO2, code wise? Would it require a new class, like in RS?

I know TWI is against it (in Realism mode), but I'd like to see any community made flamers have a reduced speed and stamina. Also, mappers should only put them on the attacking team, as realistically, you don't want to burn down your own defenses.

That said, lets see a Ka-Bar combat knife for the Marines.

I can't imagine if they'd burn as satisfying as the japs and yanks do now. lol they should do some new soundbites with the old voice talent I want to see the looks on the voice actors faces when they get asked to come back and asked to scream like they are on fire. :D

Upvote 0
Barashka, Rakowice, Arad, PPS42 :rolleyes:

This yet didnt me give the feeling, just looks like old maps added into new game. PPS-42/43 does not fit only territorially, fits the timescale perfectly. Things did not go well with all that Stalingrad story, maps are rather boring and narrow, even though there are lots of objects around. I remember Leningrad(that i hated badly), Odessa and Koenigplatz from RO then see all these maps that suggest closequarter or optionless outflanking gameplay (like constant rushing through gullies in Spartanovka or their running inside Pavlovs house with StG before taking anything else) and i miss these rather simple frontal attack maps, for its where the actual tactic took place in my opinion, while in RO2 its more about who fires first and better (aiming in RO was rather difficult too, which probably affects gameplay of RO2).
I'd like to see the game as WW2 story, with possible modifications to have battles between americans and germans, and japanese vs soviets in one game, but this would need more guns to widen the timescale, and RO2 with its "Stalingrad" binding only prevents such possibility. There're not that many infantry weapons to be added, but there's a lot that cant be added just because of sticking to one battle.

Just to keep the conversation - mortar that fires fireballs can be used in Stalingrad too ;)
I wonder if it was somehow influenced by japanese type 89 mortar.
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0