• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Linux KF Dedicated Server Tutorial

I really don't want to have to reinstall my server. Damn it.

If it's any consolation I wasn't exactly happy about it either. Don't get me wrong it's not like I hate any form of change, but a heads up and a decent set of instructions would have gone a long way. Most of this tutorial is still relevant except for the HLDS stuff, but for anyone new who wants to host a server reading this thread is going to make their life needlessly difficult.

Upvote 0
Наблюдаю очень странную вещь.
Если я выполняю стандартную схему:
Code:
mkdir kf-server && cd kf-server
wget http://blabla/hldsupdatetool.bin
chmod 777 hldsupdatetool.bin
./hldsupdatetool.bin
reply "YES"
./steam
./steam -command update -game killingfloor -dir .

То скачивается сервер версии 1034. Потом я решил проверить каждый файл своего сервера на сходство в серверах стим. Команда
Code:
./steam -command update -game killingfloor -dir . -verify_all
Прошла проверка и сервер все равно версии 1034.

Возможно я что то не так делаю, но хотелось бы узнать ваше мнение.

P.S
Сейчас проверяю killingfloor_beta

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hello all,

Ok I think that I have the server running , yet I do not see it on Steam. after starting it up and a bunch of STEAMSTATS SECURITY FAIL everything looking like it sorts out. At the end I get STEAMSTATS enabled and I start getting the repeating Receiving update blah blah blah NAKED_GI_JOE KF Server 0 | 6

What would most likely cause it not to show up in the server list ?

NAKED

Upvote 0
Hello all,

Ok I think that I have the server running , yet I do not see it on Steam. after starting it up and a bunch of STEAMSTATS SECURITY FAIL everything looking like it sorts out. At the end I get STEAMSTATS enabled and I start getting the repeating Receiving update blah blah blah NAKED_GI_JOE KF Server 0 | 6

What would most likely cause it not to show up in the server list ?

NAKED

Did you forward the correct ports?

Upvote 0
OK so question, If I can play in my server, on another computer in my house as a LAN server but I still can't see my server in the internet list of KF servers. Would this mean my ports are still not forwarded?

If so, I have a comcast modem/router , I log in to it 192.169.. gateway configure.. and then went to advance.. Forwarding ... and add the ports listed 7707 7708 ...blah blah blah.. I did this for internal IP 192.168.0.8 on my Ubuntu server i did ifconfig and it said IP4v or something like that and it = 192.168.0.8 .

Is this all correct? Do I need to add water to the router for the damn thing to work:mad:

NAKED

Upvote 0
This guide is semi-outdated in that KF is slowly phasing out HLDS for SteamCMD. The discrepancies is clear in that I am getting mismatching files such as having to downloading files such as "kf_gore_trip_sm." I will write a guide for this change when I have time to get to it.

KF isn't slowly phasing out HLDS, you either use SteamCMD or the Steam Client. This guide has a link to the SteamCMD tutorial in the OP.

Upvote 0
Server running but connections are odd

Server running but connections are odd

I have the server running and can connect to it but its downloading files for maps I should already have I have did the update for both steam and the server and it shows everything is up to date. Is there something I am missing or?

Upvote 0
I have the server running and can connect to it but its downloading files for maps I should already have I have did the update for both steam and the server and it shows everything is up to date. Is there something I am missing or?

If it's downloading the default maps, then either your game client or the server is out of date. Most likely it's the server. Do NOT use HLDS to update/install your server. Use the new Steam server.

If it's custom files, then it could be corrupted files. Delete the files on your client and let the server fetch it's version to you.

Upvote 0
Hi
i everytime get

./ucc-bin server KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?AdminName=admin?AdminPassword=admin
bash: ./ucc-bin: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

it says that he dont find the ucc-bin file ... so i checked with "ls"

and ther is no ucc-bin file in system!
so i called an update of the game again but same eroor every time -.-

im running an Server version of ubuntu lts 12.x 64 Bit

i followed all steps and nobody i asked can help me :(

So whats the error why the file is missing ?

with best +DS_DV+

Upvote 0