• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lever Action Rifle

Completely on the bandwagon. Give Britain a chance.

Think of it - you get an effective long range weapon that becomes a lethal sniper weapon, especially if you allow Sharpshooters to be auto-equipped with scopes/let them attach scopes to the thing. It's certainly more fitting than a Winchester. And you can allow Berzerkers to attach bayonets to give them even more close range weapons to play with!

If that is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Upvote 0
No, man. The lever action rifle is unique. You don't see those very often in games. Besides, it makes sense to have it in the game, what with this game being set in Britain and all.

It would be nice as an item you can buy though. Should be able to attach bayonet like in RO.
I'm all for keeping the Lever Action Rifle to be honest, it just needs to be more of a viable choice. A slight increase in stopping power might do it a good justice. At the most, I'd love to see it have a scope when used with Sharpshooter.

What needs to happen is the Crossbow needs to have a scope only when Sharpshooter class is used.

Upvote 0
Definately

Definately

Well Philosoraptor you must have see some of my other posts..

I say in every one that a lee-Enfield is needed, I will always say that...
makes more sense being British, it's more widely produced, it fits the sharpshooter perk...

Whether they take the lever action out or just add the Lee-Enfield matters little, it is obviously the most needed weapon for this game.

Preferably the Mk.III :p

Upvote 0
No, man. The lever action rifle is unique. You don't see those very often in games. Besides, it makes sense to have it in the game, what with this game being set in Britain and all.

It would be nice as an item you can buy though. Should be able to attach bayonet like in RO.

You don't see the Lee-Enfield very often :( and when you do its the No.4

Upvote 0
You don't often see many WWII era bolt-actions outside of a WWII era game :p That said, Kar98k please! Lee-Enfield would be ok as a 2nd place substitute for me, but the Kar98k is beautiful in every way.

:eek: K98 is lvely, but to say it beats the Lee enfield is heresy!
I told my one and it said.. well you dont want to know what it said.
I managed to persuade it not to want to kill you, consider yourself lucky.

...I need to get out more...

Upvote 0
any WW2 era bolt rifle just seems......out of place in comparison to the other more modern weapons and style being used. plus,

the thing about the lever action is that it is SOOO out of place that it actually makes it unique and entertaining to use! has nothing to do with the nationality of the weapon, but the coolness factor. same with the crossbow....it's just wierd, which makes it fun to kill with.

that said, i wouldn't object to adding a bolt action rifle such as the enfield, but not at the expense of replacing one of the current weapons with it.

Upvote 0
the thing about the lever action is that it is SOOO out of place

... in that it's not out of place at all? The Winchester 1894 is one of the best selling firearms of all time, and many gun owners - Brits included own one.

Completely aside from the fact that it would be readily available to a British civilian gun dealer, it also has strong ties to zombie and zombie-like disasters. If a zombie movie has firearms in it, it'll probably have a Winchester. It's some sort of strange tradition that harkens all the back to
Night of the Living Dead, which is widely regarded as the origin of the zombie apocalypse scenario. (Amusingly, the actual origin of the zombie apocalypse scenario is Les Schtroumpfs Noirs, which was published in 1963 - five years prior to the Romero classic.)

TL;DR: The LAR is in the game because it is both a reasonable inclusion and a staple of the genre.

has nothing to do with the nationality of the weapon, but the coolness factor.

This is also why it's in the game.

Upvote 0
Completely on the bandwagon. Give Britain a chance.

Think of it - you get an effective long range weapon that becomes a lethal sniper weapon, especially if you allow Sharpshooters to be auto-equipped with scopes/let them attach scopes to the thing. It's certainly more fitting than a Winchester. And you can allow Berzerkers to attach bayonets to give them even more close range weapons to play with!

If that is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Hell, bayonets for all!

Upvote 0
I want to make a big enough bandwagon against this cause because the other thread seems to have dissapeared. We need a vote for how many people want the rifle we have no replaced with a 10 round Lee Enfield bolt-action rifle. Raise your hands, you know you want it.

I vote to put the original winchester back in but rename it so there isn't a law suit. The new one isn't as effective and the reloading animation makes it difficult to see in the middle of a battle.

Upvote 0
The 'Action Rifle' should DEFINITELY stay how it is. Maybe a firepower boost, but that's about it.

They need to ADD another, more powerful rifle that has little ammo, but huge damage to give Sharpshooters a weapon that can actually take down things besides garbage specimens...a powerful enough Bolt Action rifle would work for this...

But making the lever action rifle into an even slower-firing Bolt Action rifle? Even if you upped the damage a bit, the firing speed decrease would be just...ick...the Lever Action is slow enough!

Upvote 0
Maybe it's just me, but if we're finally having a game set in Britain, let's not throw in just any bolt-action rifle. Let the SMLE shine. This rarely occurs at it is. Keep the Winchester, add SMLE + one more advanced sniper rifle and you'll make everyone happy. Remove the scope off the Crossbow and you have a weapon that is quirky, still awesome, but not sharpshooter specific. It becomes a weapon of choice rather than of necessity, which to be honest I think is more in keeping with the apocalyptic feel of things.

Upvote 0
I personally like the lever action, it works well against small and medium mobs and it is pretty acurate. Also it has appeared in a number of zombie movies, the one that stands out most to me is in Shawn of the dead and i don't honestly see what changing the model to a lee enfield accomplishes, work for the devs maybe?

So maybe give the Lever action a bit more fire power on it but otherwise, love it.

Upvote 0