• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Less-known but helpful tips and tricks in RO2

Which kind of Objects? I've blasted trees apart many-a-time, as well as the fountain in the centre of Fallen Fighters (The top part blows off, not the bottom ring)

Barbed wire obstacles, garage doors, and windows are no longer destructible, at least on Mamayev and Red October. I have to test the metal fences on Red October when I get a chance.

Upvote 0
Hold down the melee button (with bayonet attachment) to "pre-load" bayonet thrust! Your character will yell and then you can sprint running amok until you run into some poor SOB and make him a pin cushion.

Anytime youre charging into a confined space, pre-load and it saves precious milliseconds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have played the Mayamev Kurgan map more times than I can remember.

When capturing the central bunker as Germans, either hide behind the sandbag inside the bunker or hide in the trenches. The bunker entrance is a grenade magnet for both enemy nades and team nades. If you are a capturing the central bunker with no enemy presence,go the trenches. I have been tk'd more than I care to admit with just a second or two left to cap. As Germans, no one seems to throw nades in the trenches right before the central bunker.

Upvote 0
If you are a Squad Leader, you spawn with one smoke nade, but you can have a maximum 2 smoke nades. If you go to an ammo resupply, you won't get an extra one so ...

Just before you get close to ammo resupply, drop your smoke nade, resupply to get one, and then pick up the one you dropped. You're welcome!

Upvote 0
Squad Leaders get one smoke, Team Leaders get two.

---

Not so much helpful, but very kewl:

IF you have a beastly computer which easily handles this game's load, you can increase the time that corpses stay on the map without gameplay suffering.

In your My Documents>>>>ROGame.ini file, find fxlifetimemultiplier=1 and change it. Every 1 is 30sec that the bodies stay. I use 10 to make the bodies stay for 5 minutes. A huge increase, and usually the battle has moved on by the time the bodies disappear. You'll notice huge piles of bodies in killzones (helps you avoid being the next victim), and in general the human wreckage of battle is much more noticeable and immersive. Recently-capped zones are littered with bodies.

Downsides: 1) You might think you're hiding behind a body on the ground, but your enemy may not have that body visible at all by then. 2) A bit harder to intentionally scavenge weapons, as they still disappear after 30s but there are bodies all over the place to check.

I originally changed it to 20, to make bodies stay for ten minutes. That worked fine for me on most maps (I have a beastly brand new PC) but on Iwo Jima, it was too much. SOOO many bodies, it finally got my framerate stuttering. So I reduced it to 10 (5minutes) and it is IMO a great improvement... but you have to have a powerful rig.

Upvote 0
I also think that since bodies are Client side, they aren't always in the same place on everyone else computers even when they are still visible.

Yeah good point, although they'd still be in roughly the same area, probably only different on how they fall or something.

Overall I find it useful and cool though. Walk up to a fixed MG and you pretty much always see how many dudes tried it and died before you got there. Makes you think twice sometimes.

Upvote 0
Team Leader - do force respawn in the very beginnging of the round. So that the dudes with slower comps will participate in this first respwan too. It is crucial and vitally important for the defending side on such maps as Apartments or Grainie.

I often watched 2 initial capzones caught before I could participate in my role. Remember it happenes not only 2 you but to other team mates whose help is immense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
if you cook a smoke grenade long enough, they will go off in the air, quite useful in apartments when you are trying to blind that mounted mg-34 covering the a/b caps.

alt fire on grenade throws the grenade underhand. just enough to clear those walls in the a/b caps in apartments as an example.

if you are the gunner of the t-34 if you right click over your gun sights, you will go into periscope mode, which is far faster to look around your tank then using the turret rotation, to link up with the normal sights again, just fire your turret mg.

when throwing anti tank grenades, aim for the engine block at the rear of the tank. as that is a pretty much a one hit kill.

you can repair your tank at some ammo caches.

i think this is common knowledge, but half of this game is map knowledge. once you know all the common spots used by the enemy, and goods routes to use to get about the map. the game becomes allot easier.

Upvote 0