• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lack of mods aside from maps?

This topic in a nutshell.

TC: "Hey guys, wouldn't it be cool if there were more mods other than maps coming out for KF?"

Poster 1: "Yeah, I think so. It's kind of funny how most mods turn out to be nude skins for the female characters though."

Poster 2: "Games don't need nude mods."

Poster 3: "People like them"

Poster 2: "I DON'T LIKE THEM AND THEY SHOULD NEVER BE PUT IN GAMES"

Poster 3: "People like them and download them, nothing is wrong with them *Troll face is on*"

Poster 2: "HURRRR DURRR! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! BLARGhAG!"

Every other post in the topic: "DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP!"

That is all.

How did you know my troll face was on?

Upvote 0
But they are not undead (Zombies). In fact each one is a living red blooded entity. Zombies do not explode in to bright red full oxygenated blood cells (I should know since I work with a few). Therefore since we can only agree categorically that they are alive and kicking and not in fact dead Zombies then REALISM[sic] should apply in Killing Floor.

You don't address the real reason that it's a stupid, brain-dead argument.

The existence of zombies in an otherwise real-world setting doesn't change other aspects of the world. The laws of physics don't change just because there are zombies. Guns don't suddenly hold more ammo. Normal humans can't suddenly run 20 mph, take rockets to the face and survive, or jump 10 feet up in the air. Cars can't fly and shoot rainbows out their tailpipes.

All that changes is that there are zombies. That's it. Humans are still humans, guns are still guns, Earth is still Earth, cars still roll on the ground and require gasoline to run.

It is perfectly possible to have a game with very realistic combat and firearm mechanics, realistic physics, etc even though there may be zombies in this particular setting.

When you watch a movie, for example, like Underworld, where it's basically the real world + vampires and werewolves, you accept that, ok, this setting has vampires and werewolves, but it's otherwise basically the world that we all know and live in. If, in this movie, normal humans suddenly started flying and shooting lasers from their eyes with no explanation, you'd probably think something like "WTF?", wouldn't you? Just because there are vampires and werewolves in this setting doesn't mean humans can fly and shoot lasers out of their eyes, does it?

The point is: a setting based on the real world with the addition of zombies or demons or vampires or whatever doesn't suddenly make the setting fantasy where the world as we know it no longer exists. Nope, all it is is a real-world setting + zombies and you expect things not directly affected by the presences of zombies to remain like they are in the real world. That includes how guns work, normal human capabilities, etc.

Upvote 0

The existence of zombies in an otherwise real-world setting doesn't change other aspects of the world. The laws of physics don't change just because there are zombies. Guns don't suddenly hold more ammo. Normal humans can't suddenly run 20 mph, take rockets to the face and survive, or jump 10 feet up in the air. Cars can't fly and shoot rainbows out their tailpipes.

All that changes is that there are zombies. That's it. Humans are still humans, guns are still guns, Earth is still Earth, cars still roll on the ground and require gasoline to run.

It is perfectly possible to have a game with very realistic combat and firearm mechanics, realistic physics, etc even though there may be zombies in this particular setting.

When you watch a movie, for example, like Underworld, where it's basically the real world + vampires and werewolves, you accept that, ok, this setting has vampires and werewolves, but it's otherwise basically the world that we all know and live in. If, in this movie, normal humans suddenly started flying and shooting lasers from their eyes with no explanation, you'd probably think something like "WTF?", wouldn't you? Just because there are vampires and werewolves in this setting doesn't mean humans can fly and shoot lasers out of their eyes, does it?

The point is: a setting based on the real world with the addition of zombies or demons or vampires or whatever doesn't suddenly make the setting fantasy where the world as we know it no longer exists. Nope, all it is is a real-world setting + zombies and you expect things not directly affected by the presences of zombies to remain like they are in the real world. That includes how guns work, normal human capabilities, etc.

And there it comes. Congrats, gus. You scored 10 trolling experience points!

*LEVEL UP!*

Upvote 0

The existence of zombies in an otherwise real-world setting doesn't change other aspects of the world. The laws of physics don't change just because there are zombies. Guns don't suddenly hold more ammo. Normal humans can't suddenly run 20 mph, take rockets to the face and survive, or jump 10 feet up in the air. Cars can't fly and shoot rainbows out their tailpipes. (1)
All that changes is that there are zombies. That's it. Humans are still humans, guns are still guns, Earth is still Earth, cars still roll on the ground and require gasoline to run.(1)

It is perfectly possible to have a game with very realistic combat and firearm mechanics, realistic physics, etc even though there may be zombies in this particular setting.(correct point, so no number here, but a * here.)

When you watch a movie, for example, like Underworld, where it's basically the real world + vampires and werewolves, you accept that, ok, this setting has vampires and werewolves, but it's otherwise basically the world that we all know and live in. If, in this movie, normal humans suddenly started flying and shooting lasers from their eyes with no explanation, you'd probably think something like "WTF?", wouldn't you? Just because there are vampires and werewolves in this setting doesn't mean humans can fly and shoot lasers out of their eyes, does it?(2)

Alright, here is my explaination:
- (1): last time I checked, I didnt see any zombie running lose near my house. And I DO hope, for your sake, none is near your house, too. The *world* where zombie exist isn't this one. It could very be tomorrow, next year, or some parallel world, but obviously not this one.
Let talk about the future, shall we? Could you say anything for sure about future? No, and neither do I. So, If you can say tomorrow, zombie will break lose, I can say with equal certainty that tomorrow human will have laser shooting from the eyes. It's a paradox, wont lead us to nowhere. More over, if medical tech would, someday, be so advanced that we can make Zombie for real, then a simple implant will solve all human weakness. And it's a safe bet that other branch of science will be so advance that, for example, the BFG-9000 is reachable. Correct?
Alright, then parallel worlds. Interesting theory, but with the same argument, if zombie exist, why some kind of X-Men with Cyclops ability doesn't exist? Again, a paradox.

- (2): Same argument. But something interesting here. I remember the gun in Underworld have some kind of mechanism that makes the bullet flash a brightly light. It's just a normal gun (as far as I can see), no different from today gun. If you say that adding such creature wont change a thing, please tell me where I can get such bullets/ gun, so that I can make a nice firework the next July 4th.

Finally, the (*). I hope you've already known Darwin and his evolution theory. It's a process called natural selection that make us human today. If such creature like Zombie/Vampire/Werewolf do exist, do you really believe that there are Helsing that come saving us every night? Co'on, there's only a few Helsing, but like TONS of those creature. Eventually, they will dominate the earth, push human to the dust of past time. In order to survive in such world, human will have to develop some kind of defensive mechanism. It's natural, the survival of the fittest. Again, this will lead to numerous consequences that I don't like to discuss here, but I just like to show it as a example to such "very realistic combat and firearm mechanics, realistic physics, etc". If that too much to imagine, think about a long westlondon. That's what happens hourly, daily, monthly, yearly and beyond to human in that world.

And, according to http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2000/KatarzynaJanuszkiewicz.shtml, the fastest speed of running human can reach is 10.35 m/s or 37.267 km/h. That's more than 23mph. Both barrels for you, you **********

Edit:
Unless there's something interesting come up, I think I wont replly to this topic a gain. Not because I'm afraid someone will give me 100 troll exp, but it such a waste of energy to discuss about everything and gain nothing.
I want a mod(or mut, whatever it is) that can give me a cross hair in KL. If everyone disagree with me, fine. We're individuals, that means we're different. And I accept that. But, what about a coutesy for others? Plz, show me where I should look at to make such thing possible. I dont know programming, but I dont afraid to learn new thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And there it comes. Congrats, gus. You scored 10 trolling experience points!

*LEVEL UP!*

Ha ha. I think this fellow has me confused with another troll since that post defended realism. I've been actually lobbying for more realism - Fix grenade spamming etc...

Level 3 commando and got the dmg. Just need an extraordinary amount of stalkers (some 1350 at the last demoralising count, but I am enjoying the increased dps. I can finally kill a scrake with a bullpup!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The laws of physics don't change just because there are zombies.

If the designer wants, then they do. Just to compare, L4D takes place in something that resembles real world, it has some kind of zombies yet characters moves like they have jet engines on their arses, weapons are having somewhat inaccurate ammo capacities, they can hop around like bunnies and so on, so only 'realism' involved is purely visual.

Then again, KF takes also place in something that resembles the real world, it has some nasty specimen running around, characters don't exactly run like they have jet engines on their arses and the weapons are remotedly 'realistic', but then again there's also this trader around which sells you some weapons for dosh and makes good business in such situation which kicks suspension of disbelief in the head.

So where does that leave us?

Upvote 0
If the designer wants, then they do. Just to compare, L4D takes place in something that resembles real world, it has some kind of zombies yet characters moves like they have jet engines on their arses, weapons are having somewhat inaccurate ammo capacities, they can hop around like bunnies and so on, so only 'realism' involved is purely visual.

Then again, KF takes also place in something that resembles the real world, it has some nasty specimen running around, characters don't exactly run like they have jet engines on their arses and the weapons are remotedly 'realistic', but then again there's also this trader around which sells you some weapons for dosh and makes good business in such situation which kicks suspension of disbelief in the head.

So where does that leave us?

On a forum somewhere in the depths of the internet...

Upvote 0