• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Kurt Cobain is in Guitar Hero 5... are you mad?

That really doesn't make any sense unless its an American thing, If you grew up in the post grunge/punk period (early mid 90's) that really makes no sense unlesss your reffering to ppl that idolise the man, but for the rest of us old guys that just grew up and liked the music your being quite the d*^k :):):).

I'm referring to ppl who constantly say Nirvana sucks. Then you explain to them why theyre influential and they agree but then say theyre overrated. Seems to be everybody these days. I grew up with Nirvana and like the music as well as the rest of grunge (PJ, Soundgarden, Screaming Trees, etc).

Upvote 0
Nirvana were pretty good. People keep pointing out how Cobain doesn't hit this or that note in many of the recordings but seriously the same would apply to a lot of great bands esp. in their early days. And more important: great music doesn't necessarily come from technical perfection. The songs just hit a nerve and they still are nice to listen too. Pearl Jam were (are?) also pretty good. Probably better than Nirvana but less hyped. Alice in Chains, personally, I don't get them, just don't like a lot of their songs. But hey either way, them being good/better doesn't make Nirvana a pile of ****. Just look at the other band members, most of them are pretty still good at what they do, even if not as successful as then (Grohl being the exception).

BUT on the other hand, people who treat Kurt Cobain like Jesus? Like he's some kind of anti-capitalist martyr? Overblown.

Last edited:
Upvote 0