• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing floor freezes/skips

This definitely sounds like the Video Card and PNY is not exactly the source of high quality hardware. I would try the RMA on it, or if you can spare the cash, buy a totally different video card and never buy anything PNY for the rest of my life =)

i wish i could get a different card, but alas, ive been dry the last couple of paychecks to even send it to them :'( so ya, i doubt i can get a new one.... but once i get it RMAed and try it when i get the new one ill let you guys know how it goes...

Upvote 0
ya rmaed it, it froze when i put everything on high (even anti-aliasing and antistropic) and it finally froze and got it to close and tryed to bring it back up it started to freeze again, so i had to restart my comp for it to come back up.....

but when i put everything on high and eliminate the AA and AS it seems to run ok, it will freeze every once in awhile but after maybe 2 seconds (30 to 1min is the longest one ive had) it will continue..... so im not to sure whats going on.....

*edit* btw i think they sent me a new one after testing it, and i havnt changed anything on it, and the highest temps it will get is 75c

Last edited:
Upvote 0
its happening again, i havent tested my memory yet, and ill do that later on tonight, i gotta find a CD anyways its now a generic Blue screen and says it could be the software, driver or hardware, all temps are running cool and ive played all my other games on ultra high and the computer hasnt even hiccuped..... at all.....

Upvote 0
do you mean the rendering cache??? yes i disabled all pre-cacheing through the config before and i even put it to Opengl rendering and the opengl rendering worked, and i have updated my Directx and i have done a memtest86+ v4.10 and it says my memory passed, so im at a lost for what it is... maybe vid card memory??? dont know im going to try turning everything off and see if that helps...

Upvote 0
I have the exact same problem as the OP with my 9800GTX+ (it doesn't happen when I switch to the 1950XTX)

I don't have that problem in any other game (not even in Ostfront with uses the same engine).

Now the 1950xtx is dead due to a PSU failure, and I'm stuck with the 9800GTX+, that means I can't play Killing Floor now.

Ive tried to limit the FPS, but that does not seem to help much with the issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0