• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 and Gameworks Technologies

I guess it's a good thing i recently swapped out my old 5870 card for a GTX 970, though i'm not completely sure why i did because there's barely any new games i wanted to play except the new Wolfenstein.. and my old 5870 could probably run KF2 decently well i imagine.

At least i should be guaranteed 120fps most of the time i guess!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Looks great apart from:

Spoiler!

The gun model looks really weird with the combined DOF and other effects.

Hmm, I'm going to look into this when I get back to the office. Something isn't right with that.

Upvote 0
Hmm, I'm going to look into this when I get back to the office. Something isn't right with that.

While you're at it, there might be some other things to look at. It might just be an issue present because of the screenshot though.
Spoiler!

And while we're on the topic, is it just me or should it look a bit more "night-visiony?" The Zeds in particular, I mean.

Upvote 0
Maybe I'm a bit late in responding but this isn't the right place to be asking that. It sounds like you're pretty out of the loop. Watch all of the Developer Diary videos and the Playstation Experience Panel on Youtube

To answer your question, there will be 25 perks levels instead of 6. Each perk level will be a much smaller leap to compensate (leveling from 1 -> 25 should take a similar amount of time to how long it took to level from 1 -> 6 in Killing Floor 1). Also, every 5 levels you will get the choice between 2 different abilities, where one might help you and the other might help the whole team. You're not stuck with these choices; you can change them whenever you wish to fit your playstyle. I don't know which weapon you mean by the "sharpshooter gun" or what that means in relation to the patches. If you have any questions try making a thread under "General Discussion" instead of "News and Announcements."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe I'm a bit late in responding but this isn't the right place to be asking that. It sounds like you're pretty out of the loop. Watch all of the Developer Diary videos and the Playstation Experience Panel on Youtube

To answer your question, there will be 25 perks levels instead of 6. Each perk level will be a much smaller leap to compensate (leveling from 1 -> 25 should take a similar amount of time to how long it took to level from 1 -> 6 in Killing Floor 1). Also, every 5 levels you will get the choice between 2 different abilities, where one might help you and the other might help the whole team. You're not stuck with these choices; you can change them whenever you wish to fit your playstyle. I don't which weapon you mean by the "sharpshooter gun" or what that means in relation to the patches. If you have any questions try making a thread under "General Discussion" instead of "News and Announcements."

DUDE COME ON I THOUGHT THERE WAS A NEW THREAD

I'm gonna cry

Upvote 0
"SSSSS", just makes skin look blurry in my opinion. Have to see what it looks like in motion but from what I see in the screenshot comparison, either they used too much of the effect to try and show it off and they over did it, or it really looks like that and I won't use it.

New bloom effect is interesting, won't knock it until I've tried it but I've never really liked bloom. Particularly it obscures some of the Screen Space Reflections, which look amazing.

Same thing with DOF, looks good in some games with cut scenes, that use it artistically, but don't think I'd want to have large parts of the environment blurred out when I need to pay attention to whats going on.

Favorite thing for me to see is film grain, however I hope it's available (optionally) when the game is running normally, not just in Night Vision, as film grain is easily one of my favorite effects.

As for Flex, I've never really found that much of an effective use for Physics in games except for ragdol and objects moved by explosions. But the Smoke effect is cool and could be used effectively on weapon models.

Upvote 0