• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KFSkeleton example for SDK

RED-FROG

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2009
Germany
Tripwire, is it possible for you guys to supply us with an example file (.max file) of one of your character skeletons?

It doesn't even need to be the original mesh, just some greyish rough model that comes with the latest built of your biped (I'm assuming you used that) setup, so we could hook up our own models on the same animations that you have made.

(my idea would be to import the custom PSK model(s) in KF_Soldier_Trip.ukx, link the animation set to it, and then delete all other TW models and "save as" different package name.
Then it could be embedded into a mutator (.u file) and thrown onto the servers. :p (since some people said that adding chars in the normal way would not work. I'd have to find out myself first, though.)

Could result into something really cool.
Without the skeletal reference file it would not work out well, because there's like 200 animations.

Tripwire, is it possible for you guys to supply us with an example file (.max file) of one of your character skeletons?

Actually .FBX if it's possible.. some of us don't use Max :]

(Although I know there are sometimes problems getting bones to port correctly into FBX then back in, so I'll understand if only a .max is available.. )

Upvote 0
So are you guys at Tripwire going to do something like that?

I'd really like to know it.

It would result in more custom content which keeps the game interesting in the long run. Plus you really don't give away something. As I said, only necessary thing would be the biped bone skeleton in 3dsmax. No original model files, animations or textures.

Nobody would re-create those 200+ animations just for a new char.

Upvote 0
200 animations for the player? Not really.

There is no "aiming down the sights" animation for 3rd person, when you stand still and ironsight in, only when you walk down the ironsights is there one.

There is no grenade throwing animation for 3rd person.
---
The only animations i can seem to think of for the Player model are;
Death, walking, running, jumping, crouching, swapping weapons, healing, shooting, idle.

Upvote 0
Ok since you have no idea about the animation part (or editing in general), be quiet and keep collecting your perks. LOL :p (really)

Actually I was wrong. After counting 100 I stopped, and estimate it being over 300 animations. Maybe even 400.
But enough of that.
-

I was expecting an answer from Tripwire when I seen the thread up again. :( Where are you guys??? Vacation? Don't you want to answer on that? Then please say "we don't want or can't answer on that." That's really enough for me :p

Upvote 0
I was expecting an answer from Tripwire when I seen the thread up again. :( Where are you guys??? Vacation? Don't you want to answer on that? Then please say "we don't want or can't answer on that." That's really enough for me :p
They might not read all the post, since there's.. yeah alot of them. If you haven't done it already i would recommend a PM =)

Upvote 0