• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF2 Perk power level

KF1 zeds stats scaled with difficulty, perks scaled to compensate. The actual difficulty didn't ramp up a lot if you leveled your perk accordingly.

I really love the scrakes and FP how they are now, they require more planning that before. They require teamwork, the only downside is with our current line up AA-12 is just the best option atm, though we only have 4/10 perks.

Comparing the games tit for tat isn't going to work, it is still a zombie hoard shooter, it is definitely faster paced, more difficult. HoE is suppose to be difficult, and not cheesed by simply getting strong enough you can't lose. KF2 allows you to be relevant without the grind.

If you had 100% more damage with pretty much any current perk would break most of the challenge. HoE isn't for everyone, that's why we have multiple difficulties since different people are seeking different levels of challenge. If HoE is too hard then go down to a difficulty more suitable and a more enjoyable challenge. The could probably go one more up from HoE tbh, will it be cheap and unfair? I would absolutely hope so.

Pretty happy with the game as it stands. A critique done in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7oVoERm7SI was one that I feel hit a lot of real issues with the game and a few really fair suggestions.

Upvote 0
HoE With rank six perks was nowhere near normal difficulty, if that's what you're implying.

With the ridiculous power level of a couple of the perks (Hai, sharpshooter) comps heavy on those were fairly easy to beat it with.

As i said, if we were to scale up the perks to make sticking to on-perk weapons that much better (Off perking being a conscious off-choice, rather than the rule) now, and focus on avoiding the previous flaws (sharps having massive ammo pools, weapons like the M99 and pipe bombs, etc.) the game would play a lot better

And Mobs on HoE -DO- upscale, both in raw speed and damage done

And as i mentioned previously, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to implement a suicidal/HoE Specific mechanic to non-trash ZED's at this stage of the game (For instance, having to knock the armor off an FP to make it take full damage) Things like that make HoE even more skillfull, despite the raw power level of a player.

Heck, the incremental damage models are already in the game (pay attention next time you're headshotting an FP or scrake) so it wouldn't be hard to hack a polished version of it together.

Edit:

Having dredged up the testing map and tested it, it's just speed and damage they scale on, which is part of the problem. they need some more survival in the form of mechanics rather than raw health.

Last edited:
Upvote 0