• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF2 or Killing Floor Sequel Story Idea

Dafe

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Once again, more input to one of the most anticipated games, next to Mutant League Football 2013, and Killer Instinct 3......

Everyone wants a story mode, or a more involved storyline, and here is what I'd like to see.....

It's 2131, and as imagined, the world is flipped on it's back. Horzine has created so many grotesque clones that they have imprisoned the world. All survivors are thrust into slavery, or into..... The Killing Floor!!!

As time went on, the entertainment industry as well as pretty much everything else has been destroyed. How does Horzine keep themselves entertained when they are not sacrificing pitiful victims? Just like the Romans did, they force their slaves into a "Colosseum" like arena where Horzine plans to release the hideous clones to the combatants certain death.

The next 6 slaves have been released into the battle arena. Silence fills the enclosed area, as millions of slaves on the outside watch the big TV in the sky from their rotting cells. Haunting screams fill the outside air, but inside the battle front, only a loud "military" siren can be heard. This can only mean, the clones are comming.

As each combatant equips themselves with whatever they can find, they wait, as the sounds of Horzine's worst nightmares approach them. Will the 6 person team work together, or die alone? We can only expect a lot of bloody death, and destruction. As rage pours through each member of the team, the first batch of clones can be seen. With no way out, and not many hold-out areas, each member grips their weapon like it's their last breath, and charges the first wave...

Personally I like Killing Floor's just jump into it approach, no story mode, no scripting, no complaints about how "awful" the story mode is (BF3*cough*cough), just the game's purpose in one simple package. BF2 had the same approach with the single-player bot mayhem where you can practice the whole game in single-player and get some familiarity with the game and maps and it was and still is wildly successful(alot of people STILL play it). BF3 was garbage because they just threw stuff out there half-finished and with one of the shortest most painful "story modes" ever. So, yeah no story modes, it just wastes money and time best used to make the multiplayer and what people actually came and paid to play the best it can possibly be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Personally I like Killing Floor's just jump into it approach, no story mode, no scripting, no complaints about how "awful" the story mode is (BF3*cough*cough), just the game's purpose in one simple package. BF2 had the same approach with the single-player bot mayhem where you can practice the whole game in single-player and get some familiarity with the game and maps and it was and still is wildly successful(alot of people STILL play it). BF3 was garbage because they just threw stuff out there half-finished and with one of the shortest most painful "story modes" ever. So, yeah no story modes, it just wastes money and time best used to make the multiplayer and what people actually came and paid to play the best it can possibly be.

Pretty much this.

A game with multiplayer as its major selling point including a story mode is a complete utter waste of time and resources that could be spent making the multiplayer core the best it possibly can be.

Upvote 0
Let us not draw back from a story mode, especially if TWI would incorporate this into a sequel. Most story modes in the recent years with FPS games have pretty much become predictable and boring. I just finished FARCRY 3's story mode and I was dissapointed, especially being shorter than FARCRY 2's story mode. If TWI creates a story mode, it would have to flow with it's type of current gameplay without a question.

Just using a prison to start at would be a great jumping off point. Instead of losing dosh after you've fully completed a stage, you could bring it with you to the next stage. Now, the next stage would be harder to hold out, and maybe make things more expensive as you progress through. That would actually help with late joiners so they wouldn't just start on the last stage of a certain area and easily get by, unless a player wants to share, but, if guns and items progressively get more expensive, the player may not share.

After you've defeated so many stages associated with the prison, and defeated a boss (not PAT) you could venture out to other arenas to liberate slaves. After prison, other arenas would hold a specific difficulty, and would all be accessible after the prison, so if you wanted to jump into super difficult levels rather than the mildly ones, you could, even though your chances of death would go up. I'd keep the final arena only accessible after you've liberated all other arenas first. And of course the final arena is where the PAT would wait (Horzine HQ).

So basically I'm saying there would be at least 7-9 levels associated with each arena which technically would get rid of the whole "wave" aspect but then again it is story mode, not the original mode which should deffinitely make it into KF2 some where. There could even be certain specimens associated with certain arenas. Once you reach an arena, you automatically get thrust into a "waiting server" where other players line up to play and once everyone readys up, then it begins.

Vehicle travel would be a cool addition. It wouldn't be as simple as GTA where you can just steal a vehicle. You would have to build one over time, and you would have to keep it repaired for it to function. All characters and vehicles would be customizeable. So maybe after you have defeated a boss, or even mini boss, you could get certain parts for your vehicle or secret weapon, but you have to be alive when the type of boss is deceased to receive these parts.

Respawning into the next stage would not happen! Better they create a 3-4 part item that only MEDICS can put together (and find early on in story mode) that revives a deceased player. It would take like 20 seconds to revive a player and when they revive they only have 15 life. Items would take up weight on each player, so if you can't hold an item because you are full, ask a SUPPORT since they should still be able to carry more than any other perk.

Having a Killing Floor world would actually UP the amount of teamwork needed for a team to survive. It's finding more uses for each perk's abilities for the team to utilize. Players could also go to "underground" arenas that open up after you've beaten the game, like a multiplayer arena where it would pit 3 players vs 3 players or the ORIGINAL mode (even though it would probably be better if it were accessible without beating the game, which is what Zombies for W@W began as). Character DLC would go out the window, but weapons DLC would be still in full swing, as well as vehicles, stages, and possibly add-on arenas for story mode and all other modes.

I know what it is like when you are the person in charge, and EVERYONE is telling you to do everything they want. It just doesn't happen, and most of the time I'm working on things that are being asked for anyways. I understand you can't please everyone, but at the same time I'm going to let my ideas flow to TWI, whether they are taken into consideration or not.

Going back before the Halloween event in 2012, I remember there was a huge topic about new specimens, and one of the things I said was to have a ripped in half clone that drags you back into the horde. A forum member replied that my idea would be a good character model..... Well, when the Halloween event came out, I didn't see my exact idea, but as ya'll know the crawlers were ripped in half crawling on their hands, so whether TWI used my idea or had it in creation already IDK, but it is quite peculiar. Also, when I was sharing BLOOD footage, everyone got to see that BLOOD had flare guns, and of course they made it into the Halloween event. I take no credit, except as a loyal player with a fxxk load of ideas.

KF2 will be, without a doubt, an epic game that will have just as much replay value, if not more, than KF1. KF2 just needs that tweek to it, not the predictable changes so much, but all the things most FPS games lack, and that is REPLAY VALUE and HORROR! I can imagine in KF2, after defeating a stage, everyone has to walk into an area to progress to the next stage, and just seeing that gate slam in front of them, while expecting to just "normally" progress to the next stage, and a bad *** mini-boss shows its ugly face, HA! Or, hidden spawn areas, like running to a closed up area that you think they will only come from a certain direction, then BAM, clones bust through the wall and start pouring out. I literally want to wear diapers when playing KF2 because it's so unpredictable and scary.

I think I've said enough. I should probably check in with my employees. They are probably wondering what "boss man" is doing. Only if they knew hehehe

Oh, and here is another idea I just had... Whenever each level starts, there should be an animated band playing in the arena some where, so that the music playing in the background matches the band, which would be pretty sweet. Or just have Zynthetic mixing it up with some headphones on lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No story mode, especially not the way you're suggesting. If there's a KF2, Tripwire needs to focus exclusively on multiplayer to make it bigger, badder, better. Otherwise, it's taking away precious dev time that could be used to better balance the game. Or add more replay value, or fix bugs, or fine-tune the graphics...

My point is, KF should not try to be what it isn't. What it is: An incredibly British survival action-horror game about surviving endless waves of genetically mutated clones employing big guns, teamwork and dosh with great replay value. What it isn't: A survival horror game with a coherent story about fighting your way through waves of genetically mutated clones to reach your objective. Leave that to Left 4 Dead, please.

Upvote 0
Killing Floors original story needs to officially recognised before a sequel can exist in my opinion... however looking at your idea for a sequel to that original story, the only thing that could allow that to work is if the specimens had a decided mark up in intelligence.

Most, if not all the original Horzine scientists are all dead, the only ones that may still be alive were the ones that worked on Kevin to turn him into the Patriarch. Whether they were kept alive afterwards is unknown, but I kinda doubt it.

Therefore if there were any kind of "Colloseum", it would require someone to be entertained, perhaps that could be Kevin on his lonesome, but even then, to police this kind of thing would again require more intelligent specimens.

If you can think of a way of making that believable, then could be interesting.

Upvote 0
Killing Floors original story needs to officially recognised before a sequel can exist in my opinion... however looking at your idea for a sequel to that original story, the only thing that could allow that to work is if the specimens had a decided mark up in intelligence.

Most, if not all the original Horzine scientists are all dead, the only ones that may still be alive were the ones that worked on Kevin to turn him into the Patriarch. Whether they were kept alive afterwards is unknown, but I kinda doubt it.

Therefore if there were any kind of "Colloseum", it would require someone to be entertained, perhaps that could be Kevin on his lonesome, but even then, to police this kind of thing would again require more intelligent specimens.

If you can think of a way of making that believable, then could be interesting.

Not just a mark up in enemy intelligence, but also the speed of gameplay needs to increase slightly.

Storyline needs to blossom, that's why I set my KF2 idea over a hundred year "infestation".

Each area could pose a different building structure, but I figured the first area you begin in would be a prison structured like a colloseum, mainly for storing slaves, and then sacrificing them. It could be an old British Prison structure, just make the "mess hall" the begining battleground lol

A Killing Floor World would really open KF2 into so many possibilities. Hey, you wouldn't even call it Killing Floor 2, just call it Killing Floor World!

Upvote 0