• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Update 1054

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    We have just set live a required update for clients and servers with the following changes:

Weapons Balance:
    Commando
    • Stoner 63a
      • Damage increased 20%
    • Scar
      • Damage increased 10%

Support
    • M4
      • Weight reduced to 7 blocks
      • Hip recoil reduced 13%
      • Reload speed increased 20%
      • Elite reload speed increased 20%

Sharpshooter
    • Centerfire
      • Adjusted position for reloads to not block the center screen as much
      • Fix camera bob on sprint run to not be so extreme

Bug Fixes:
    • Fixed Scrake enrage issue
    • Fleshpound now properly enrages at any point in the game at spawn time if requested, Boom mode now properly de-enrages at all times
    • Players should now be able to more reliably matchmake into Weekly Event servers
    • Fixed typo with Summer Sideshow player "Accesosory"
    • Jagerhorn now also properly unlocks via Digital Deluxe as well as game group membership

Reactions: Fok and TheUndying
    Well? What's your purpose of that commado weapon buff? Increasing damage of 63A and SCAR to 25->30 and 50->55 does NOT significantly enhance the trash killing efficiency of commando. (On HOE difficulty of course)

The killing effects of commando follows a geometric progression with a commom ratio of q=1.25 and a base vaule of a1=25. That's 25/32/40/50/62/78. Only by breaching these thresholds can the kill effects of commando be buffed significantly (especially the ones below 50).
    Read this for more https://forums.tripwireinteractive.c...even-at-a-cost

63A is buffed to 30 damage by TWI. Lower than threshold (32). Nearly useless. I've checked the actual kill effects via testmap and found out that such 63A has acquired 1 out of the 3 benefits of breaching 50 damage post-perk, which is 1-bodyshot stalkers, 2-tankshot husks and 5-decap bloats. 63A with 30 damage+HPR has achieved 2-tankshot husks but not the other two.

SCAR is buffed to 55 damage by TWI. This allowed 3-headshot bloats with HPR but that's all in trash killing. (boosting the perked damage of an assault rifle beyond 62 will receive little enhancements on trash killing! The next significantly enhancement of trash killing beyond 78 damage is 1-bodyshot unelite clots which is NOT what you want & wish I suppose!)

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Yoshiro;n2298338 said:
    We have just set live a required update for clients and servers with the following changes:

Weapons Balance:
    Commando
    • Stoner 63a
      • Damage increased 20%
    • Scar
      • Damage increased 10%

Support
    • M4
      • Hip recoil reduced 13%

Bug Fixes:
      • Fleshpound now properly enrages at any point in the game at spawn time if requested, Boom mode now properly de-enrages at all times

• Commando didn't really need those buffs, but I'm not complaining!

Super stoked about the m4 buff, this was always one of my favorite weapons and I feel reload speed is what it really needs.

And what does this last change mean? Does this mean that fleshpounds will rage randomly like in EA unless in the "boom" weekly challenge? If so, that would be interesting. I was never bothered by the random raging.

Upvote 0
    imnrk;n2298356 said:
    Commando didn't really need those buffs, but I'm not complaining!

Super stoked about the m4 buff, this was always one of my favorite weapons and I feel reload speed is what it really needs.

And what does this last change mean? Does this mean that fleshpounds will rage randomly like in EA unless in the "boom" weekly challenge? If so, that would be interesting. I was never bothered by the random raging.

I don't care about the zed rage mechanisms (we have approach on whoever enemies) nor the support M4(M1014) change (that's my SP friend's business). I care the commando buff.
    As with me, I'd rather trade those commando buffs for:

32 damage, from 30, to SA80 and M16 M203 bullets, probably AR15 too
    Lower price of 63A to be $1100, as a T3 due to its low Damage per Minute (but DON'T enhance its damage! It works perfectly as a T3. Enhance its damage will make it lose its shining point whilst NOT making it a eligible T4)
    Passive reload bonus buffed to at least 25% from currently 10%

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Good buffs. About the FP rage mechanic...I'm kinda onboard with what PazonElite7 said.
    Haven't encountered pre-raged FPs up until now, so maybe my attitude might change, but I don't like the fact that even the big lads are sprinting towards you 24/7 now.
    This is becoming a twitch shooter more and more. :p

Upvote 0
    Yoshiro;n2298338 said:

Weapons Balance:
    Commando
    • Stoner 63a
      • Damage increased 20%
    • Scar
      • Damage increased 10%

Support
    • M4
      • Hip recoil reduced 13%

Sharpshooter
    • Centerfire
      • Adjusted position for reloads to not block the center screen as much
      • Fix camera bob on sprint run to not be so extreme

Bug Fixes:
    • Fixed Scrake enrage issue
    • Players should now be able to more reliably matchmake into Weekly Event servers
    • Fixed typo with Summer Sideshow player "Accesosory"
    • Jagerhorn now also properly unlocks via Digital Deluxe as well as game group membership

Thanks for stoner/scar buffs! M4 weight reduction is also a good decision. Check and the zed time reload passive for the survivalist. is broken after the update

Reactions: BitingIrish
    Upvote 0
    Nice update. I'm eager to try out the buffed SCAR. It looks like buffing the SCAR 10% will mean the following:
    • Off perk damage: 50 to 55, on-perk lvl 25 with HPR damage: 77.5 to 85.25
    • Bloats can now be killed with only one headshot (Suicidal/HoE)
    • Husk backpack can now be detonated with just one shot (HoE)
    • One bullet less to kill scrake with headshots (HoE now requires 17 shots)
    • Two bullets less to kill FP with headshots (HoE now requires 19 shots)
    The Stoner now having damage equal to the varmint rifle is at least less insulting than where it was. Thanks for the thought!

Data used for calcs:

Upvote 0
    The biggest problem with the m4 is honestly the fact that it's a tube fed semi auto. You honestly spend more time reloading then actually shooting the darn thing, with the pump actions it's not so bad as the pump slows you down so it's more important to line up shots better, and in all honesty the mem shotty is a better t3 option (as it stands I don't even get a t3 any more, I get the new shot gun asap, and that carries me pretty far on it's own, simply because of how many rounds you have available per reload) Honestly the m4 and new shotgun should have their prices/tiers swapped, that'd make the m4 much more used, and the new shotgun would feel like it's at the right tier

Upvote 0
    Denks;n2298414 said:
    Nice update. I'm eager to try out the buffed SCAR. It looks like buffing the SCAR 10% will mean the following:
    • Off perk damage: 50 to 55, on-perk lvl 25 with HPR damage: 77.5 to 85.25
    • Bloats can now be killed with only one headshot (Suicidal/HoE)
    • Husk backpack can now be detonated with just one shot (HoE)
    • One bullet less to kill scrake with headshots (HoE now requires 17 shots)
    • Two bullets less to kill FP with headshots (HoE now requires 19 shots)
    The Stoner now having damage equal to the varmint rifle is at least less insulting than where it was. Thanks for the thought!

Data used for calcs:

Wrong dude. You did NOT consider the resistance of zeds against weapons.
    Bloats have 1x headshot ratio and a 0.35x AR(exclude AR15) vulnerability (i.e. all AR shots to bloats deals 0.35x damage). The actual damage on HPRed SCAR headshotting bloats, is 30 after this update. It's 3 instead of 4 to headshot, not 1.

However it's my fault failing to calculate that husk backpack are 1-shot blown with SCAR+HPR. I constantly retried calculating this damage and found out it to be around 76 instead of the field-tested value of 83. 55*1.5(backpack vulnerability)*0.6(husk resistance on AR)*1.55(LV25 commando+HPR)=76.7, not 83. I think there must be some wrong data in Killing floor 2 wiki.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Myrkr;n2298418 said:
    The biggest problem with the m4 is honestly the fact that it's a tube fed semi auto. You honestly spend more time reloading then actually shooting the darn thing, with the pump actions it's not so bad as the pump slows you down so it's more important to line up shots better, and in all honesty the mem shotty is a better t3 option (as it stands I don't even get a t3 any more, I get the new shot gun asap, and that carries me pretty far on it's own, simply because of how many rounds you have available per reload) Honestly the m4 and new shotgun should have their prices/tiers swapped, that'd make the m4 much more used, and the new shotgun would feel like it's at the right tier

They just need to speed up the reload speeds period for that gun to make it worth that 1100 bucks because yeah, the lowered weight is awesome but, seriously, WHY would I want to waste money on that when the hz12 is the m4 on steroids and actually useful because its a flipping clip reload, can shoot for longer and quicker reload. There is never ever ever a reason to use the m4 anymore. Maybe if they updated the m4 with a clip addon that would make it actually worth the price.

Upvote 0
    Myrkr;n2298418 said:
    Honestly the m4 and new shotgun should have their prices/tiers swapped, that'd make the m4 much more used, and the new shotgun would feel like it's at the right tier
    That's a really good idea. It would make the M4 relevant without resorting to stupid, unnatural balance measures such as making its reload play in fast-forward (which has already happened to two other weapons with tube magazines - Winchester and Centerfire. Their reload animations are abysmal, like taken straight out of a new Call of Duty game).

Upvote 0