• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-ShoppingSpree

I'll be making a final beta release later tonight via ModDB & MEGA before I push out the final version via steam workshop likely tomorrow. /EDIT: Beta 20160216A is out now !

(just need to do some very minor cosmetic changes for the final release)

This time it will be a split package setup with the assets split from the map file. That will allow other mappers to inspect the content more & see how I set my lighting up. I've had a lot of fun creating this map, and it dawned on me today that It's finally over & done.

Technical Stuff:
There is only one issue with the map and It's flex ragdolls & gibs floating/stretching in mid air or bloater jiggle bones freaking out between floors. It's an issue with flex collision that I don't know how to fix. It's like it is using the convex bounding box of a mesh rather than the convex collision used by general gameplay. If someone has an idea how to fix this please let me know.

KF-ShoppingSpree_20160210A -> KF_ShoppingSpree20160216A

- Added various Sounds & Reverb Volumes (Reusing Manor Sound Setup)
- Added various weather lighting & particle effects
- Fixed some emissive materials on cars
- Optimised Precomputed Visibility with Masked & Translucent Objects (fixes sudden enemies teleporting in)
- Completely redone lighting in the entire map (big performance increase)
- Improved collision of fountain & caved in 1st floor
- Widened collision for elevator doors

Last edited:
Upvote 0
with split setup u hopefully dont mean we have a kfm and several upk files cause then we cant run it on servers. Client side and stuff.^^

What do you mean specifically ? That http redirects won't work because it only sends the map file ? If so then yeah that won't work then. I was hoping to upload it to the steam workshop today, but the SDK hasn't been updated with that functionality yet. It's only possible to upload skins/items atm. :/
Hopefully they won't drop it at the last moment.

So yes for the latest beta release each player would have to download the files from MEGA / ModDB if he/she wants to play it. I'm not merging it into 1 file anymore because it hides all content when moving it to the map package, plus it's bad practice content management/memory wise. As soon as the workshop is integrated, this won't be a problem anymore. Give it a few days :)

I'm sitting on the final release now, there is just some texture optimisation and slight aesthetic lighting tweaks between the final version and the last beta from yesterday, so it's not worth releasing right now. I'll wait for the workshop tool.

Upvote 0
if its not 1 file no one will upload it on servers anymore cause u gotta install all files client side which 90% of the ppl wont to. So either its 1 kfm file or the player count of ppl playin ur map will drop from 100% to 0 in no time.

No server admin is supporting such maps as i see on our servers. So please dont do this.

PS. If u say the workshop fixes this then i belive u.^^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ur latest release with the workshop crashed servers. Did u find out how to fix that?

I wasn't aware of such issues. I pushed an update today (just an exploit fix) and updated my own dedicated server with the workshop stuff since I haven't run my server since the workshop update. I've tested on my own server and on the EU reddit server and it seemed to run fine. (I'm not sure why the camera showed up behind the character when spawning, tho)

I've opened my server up to run KF-ShoppingSpree 24/7. Server name is "Zerreth KF2". I'm going to let that run for now, if it takes too much bandwidth or resources then I'll have to shut it down since my server is also doing a lot of other things that are pretty critical.

The KF 1028 Update that just released seemed to reset my settings, and I can no longer see *ANY* workshop maps when trying to play offline. :/

/EDIT: you may want to post in the finished Map thread instead: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=116433

Last edited:
Upvote 0