• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-ScetValley

Nikkatsu

Nov 14, 2009
Map Name: KF-ScetValleyV1
Beta Number:version 1
Playable:
Yes
Pictures:Below
Description of map: Some Crazy stuff going down in Scet Valley

-Third Map, third times a charm right?
Map Download/Download Size: 9.81mB(compressed RAR) http://www.mediafire.com/?jjd2ttwmgw3

WELCOME TO SCET VALLEY(Updated V1)
Scet-Valley.gif

So Far:
__
DROP BOTH FOLDERS INTO THE KILLING FLOOR FOLDER.
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor
---

Last edited:
looks, good, I love castles.

One thing i notice. some of your mountains are a bit jagged, I would smooth them out to make them look more natural.

Also a tip for smoother paths, Use the flatten tool to make "stairs" down in the direction you want. Then use the smoothing tool on all the "stairs", to make the ground smooth and natural.

Dont forget about adding Deco layers too like grass, brushes, trees

And layer textures like 2-3 diffrent types of grass. Makes it look way better

I also found out, for the mountains, Have a rock face on the sides and a ground texture on the top. Gives them more depth and life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh man.
At first I saw this and read 'KF-ScatValley' D

Then took a closer look "KF-ScetValley" :p
Anyways, looks good. Will download it a bit later.
Lmao.

I also found out, for the mountains, Have a rock face on the sides and a ground texture on the top. Gives them more depth and life.

Great tips thanks Fel. I'm still trying to figure out the layers. I know once I Have the layers all set, I can use the terrain tool and draw out a path across
the mountain and the tool actually masks textures making it look like a dirt path up this mountain, but I always manage to screw it up haha.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Google image search scat... you'll understand! (do not search at work or with rents or around weak hearted people or in fact most people for that matter)

You posted that on the internet, anyone who uses the internet knows what scat means. You might want to try a church or an Amish village. Although I'm not sure the Amish will care since they have no interest in searching the web.

Hopefully we can keep our minds on Scet and out of the gutters from now on. :)

Upvote 0
there is a big exploit that the guys found without too much difficulty, the small hill near the start of the map.

The jumppad up to the castle doesn't quite get you onto the roof but you feel like it should. Perhaps there is blocking volume or jump pad not quite getting you high enough, or destination node is too close to the edge of the platform.
I would recommend losing the jump pad and putting steps all the way up, with jump spots to assist the zeds in climbing up.

On the whole it is an odd map but has a certain appeal, the steep tunnel-like terrain made for some interesting physics.

Upvote 0
there is a big exploit that the guys found without too much difficulty, the small hill near the start of the map...

Thanks Driftwood, there are 2 jumppads and both are suppost to be blocked to players.

I thought it was secret valley :eek:.

Any luck with the smoothing of terrain and deco's? I think that would make this map shine more.

Sharp edges are all gone. I'm going to be playing with the texture a bit, see if i can make the paths feel more like paths.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ah thanks, the map has been modified a lot since I started this thread I hope to have the next version up tonight or early tomorrow. I have also made music for the map.

Edit: Ok its been Updated and now has Music, I understand 1 song does not loop perfectly yet.
You will have to re-download. Delete the old one if you want.

Last edited:
Upvote 0