• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-La_Casa_Muerta

JacksonL

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Map Name: La_Casa_Muerta
Beta Number: 1
Playable:
Yes
Pictures:
2qq6u.jpg

a2bvwj.jpg

3492jo6.jpg

140zv37.jpg

98snqu.jpg

dbp7k.jpg

kcc9vs.jpg

ogb3t4.jpg

290v2pz.jpg

24v5pwl.jpg

Description of map:

I've remade the map again again. It's good to see that Killing Floor is stronger than ever, although I'm not going to lie; I do miss the old one for many reasons. But that's besides the point. I thought I'd re-re-release an old favorite for everyone. There are some definite changes depending on which version you may have played. I've gone back and tried to emulate the original map the the best of my abilities while still trying to keep piece with a safe and claustrophobic feeling; a sort of controlled chaos. I've always been partial to maps where you have a sense of being there, a purposeful feeling. I love when everything is on the line and you have to think quick with limited options, defending somewhere till the last man falls with a chainsaw in his chest. Now you are going to notice there are still some odd proportions in the map, and I did this for the sake of the original, but I did make it more realistic looking and not like a ballroom for the living room anymore. The backyard is a more realistic size and the weather has been changed(more darker atmosphere). The shop is the same place, added a garage door, was thinking of having specimens come out of the garage or maybe a shop but not sure would like some feed back on that. The premise of the map if you haven't played it:

You've been holding out in an old house for 2 weeks. The amount of specimens is off the charts and you were told by top brass that it's suicide to move from where you are and your to hold up as long as you can. Food is getting scarce and your makeshift defenses are barely standing. You take shifts every night, five of you sleep, one of you are on the graveyard. Your getting some sleep, when Colonel Wallace, a man with more drinking problems then dehydrated Irishman ends up downstairs plastered with a bottle in his hand. Your squad had set up tripwire for notification on any incoming specimens, but a stalker managed to get in without triggering it.
You wake up hearing his shotgun fire; Turns out she disemboweled
on the spot, and instead of slowly dieing, he took his own life, unfortunately alerting the hordes. You take positions and prepare for the incoming masses.

In Game Description:

Day 34: Corporal Wallace is dead. I told him a thousand bloody times, don't go downstairs in the bloody night, and don't blooming get sloshed during your shift. I woke up to that bloke's shotgun firing in the distance. Turns out he was wandering around downstairs like the bloody rat-arsed bloke he was and one of those damn toerag dodgy *****es cut his abdomen right open. I should have known when Wallace said I'd rather shoot myself square between the eyes, then let one of those blokes bash me into the wall, that he wasn't lying, blinkered bastard, the cheeky monkey had it coming. What I can't get is how the bloody ***** skipped the tripwire? Nevermind the bollocks, the rain probably botched it up, the weathers only getting worse. It's blatant we're in a duffed spot, the bloats just keep coming. Ammunition is not a problem yet, but I think the food may run out faster then we'd like. We'll stay here for another fortnight or until the bloody ******s off us all. Hopefully those blokes in West London are hole'in up better than we are. Sgt. Jackson September 8th.

What testing is wanted:
-If I should make Specimens come out of the garage or make it into a
a shop? or just nullify those two and keep it the same.
-I want to know if it is too easy to beat or if it's just right? obviously on normal and beginner, well, we know how that goes in any map, but on hard and suicidal that's what I'm interested about if those are still too easy.
-If the map is too hard should I add in the old style killing floor hole in the ground?
-Pathing
-Unreachable areas
-Anything else.

Map Download/Download Size:

http://www.filefront.com/14910229/KF-La_Casa_Muerta_Beta.rar[url]http://www.filefront.com/14910229/KF-La_Casa_Muerta_Beta.rar[/URL]

The traders isn't a issue because it's such a small map, the point of having different location traders is so that you can't always camp the same spot but because the map is so small it doesn't make a difference.

Suggestions:

At the back of the house you have a wooden roof type construction but theres no bars going crosswards. How does it stay in the air?

Also out back is a broken wall which is fine except for the invisible wall, nobody likes invisible walls and there should be something to visibly show that you can't go that way.

There is alleys on both sides of the house. These would be great to spawn zombies and have them climb over the fences.

Spawn zombies on the roof of the house and have them jump down on you.

Put some decorations in with your dead neighbour. Was he a poor man?

Turn the garage into a usable area and add a hole in the wall leading into another room in the house.

In the downstairs hall way is a huge wardrobe and on either side you can tuck yourself away only allowing 1 zombie at a time to attack you. This isn't balanced.

Don't see the point in adding extra cash in the traders. People will just rush off early to get it and there will be bickering.

There's a few rooms with only one entrance i'd recommend adding more.

Some rooms have 2 entrances almost right next to each other so its as easy to camp as a single door room.

Most of the house is dead ends try and add more doorways / paths and don't worry about it going into the alleys or streets. Adding these not only allows more options for the zombies but allows you to not get stuck in a dead end.

Why not extend it to your neighbours house and have a wooden plank bridging some windows.

Good Points:

Nice textures they go well together strangely enough.

Overall:

This map is simply a camping map and you'll easily survive if you've got the fire power and high enough level characters.

Play this map and think "why hasn't someone sneaked up on me yet?" and "How many waves have I spent in this 1 room?"

Hope this helps and look forward to seeing the next version

Upvote 0
Response to Avp2501

Response to Avp2501

The traders isn't a issue because it's such a small map, the point of having different location traders is so that you can't always camp the same spot but because the map is so small it doesn't make a difference.

Suggestions:

1.At the back of the house you have a wooden roof type construction but theres no bars going crosswards. How does it stay in the air?

2.Also out back is a broken wall which is fine except for the invisible wall, nobody likes invisible walls and there should be something to visibly show that you can't go that way.

3.There is alleys on both sides of the house. These would be great to spawn zombies and have them climb over the fences.

4.Spawn zombies on the roof of the house and have them jump down on you.

5.Put some decorations in with your dead neighbour. Was he a poor man?

6.Turn the garage into a usable area and add a hole in the wall leading into another room in the house.

7.In the downstairs hall way is a huge wardrobe and on either side you can tuck yourself away only allowing 1 zombie at a time to attack you. This isn't balanced.

8.Don't see the point in adding extra cash in the traders. People will just rush off early to get it and there will be bickering.

9.There's a few rooms with only one entrance i'd recommend adding more.

10.Some rooms have 2 entrances almost right next to each other so its as easy to camp as a single door room.

11.Most of the house is dead ends try and add more doorways / paths and don't worry about it going into the alleys or streets. Adding these not only allows more options for the zombies but allows you to not get stuck in a dead end.

12.Why not extend it to your neighbours house and have a wooden plank bridging some windows.

Ok lets see

1. touch

Upvote 0
Nice idea. The sliding door at the back does not open fully so it causes congestion. Also follow the 3 way rule. Zeds have to be able to get in equally from 3 different directions and at least 2 should not be weldable. That ensures a constant stream from 2 directions and that someone has to keep the third access point welded thus reducing team fire power and distracting a team member.

I love a good camp and with some minor changes could be perfect for FF. I like the idea of holding out in a house. Its nice not to have to run around like a blue ar$ed fly. Just hold out in style until we die.

Upvote 0
I really get this map. Its helps since I am not blinded by pretty graphics. Just like the author explains. Rather than the lovely artwork and 'ooh where did that spawn come from and how convenient' this map is a simple gameplay concept - you and five chums are holed up in a house you ended up in (who knows how you got there or in fact cares). You will probably not survive but you'll give it a go and maybe die trying. It actually fits FF really well since FF encourages (dare I say it) 'camping' or digging in as I prefer to call it. I was amazed we reached Wave 7. I can see how it tips the hat to the original KF mod and creates that survival urgency and desperation some pretty maps from KF retail just dont acheive. The numb and mindless will hate it since there's little space to swing a cat let alone bunny hop and line dance - so Han Solos will have nowhere to run. But the FF fans will dig this one (oh and if you have any demos tell 'em to stand at the top of the stairs and unleash hell).

kf_casa1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0