• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF for Console

That would be awesome for TWI, as they could reap profit from a massive market. However, TWI, as far as I know, is not a very large company and putting KF into console would probably require a swath of work and time.

Maybe if they make KF 2 they should consider the possibility of having it for console in addition to the pc version... :IS2:

Upvote 0
I found myself intrigued trying to figure out how this could work. Assuming all the licensing and work requirement aspects are put aside for a sec I came up with this.

xboxkf.png

D-pad right could be either knife or welder. Probaly welder thinking about it. THe alt fire system would need revising for certain guns. Clicking up would be fine for Pistol/shotgun torch and Bullpup/Ak-47/Scar/M14 would all have no issue. However melee weapons and the Hunting Shotgun may have to use a Timesplitters Future Perfect style alternative fire, where you switch between the 2 different modes of attack. (Basically the same as the Bullpup). R2 would then fire the alternative fire until up is pressed again.

Weapon swap system would work like this one below to give a little more detail.

xboxkf2.png

Trader time may have to be extended by 20 seconds to compromise on Xbox controllers lack of versatility and speed, and game difficulty may have to see specimens health dropped by say 20% or so. Playstation would be pretty much identical jsut with X,O,^,[ ] obviously, but you get the gist :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sambopukka
Upvote 0
You forgot one thing, though. The right arrow isn't binded! :rolleyes: Welder, maybe? :confused:

And yes, I support a KF console port. Those CoD-huggers don't know what they're missing.

Well actually I did bind it... I wrote it just underneath the picture :) and I had the same idea to have it as the welder. I just wrote it underneath cause modfying the picture and putting in my own line and tag is alot harder in MS paint :p

But yes, good thinking dude, I like your style :p

Off Topic: 3 more posts and I'm in the over 1000 post club :)

Upvote 0
I can dig Jester's idea, but I recommend instead rebinding back to the use key so that it can open doors as well. then set D-pad right to knife and just have D-pad left function as the 5 button on PCs, cycling between syringe and welder.

It isn't a bad idea necessarily, and might actually get a few console casuals interested in some more serious games, but I couldn't recommend it unless the porting could be done like that *snap*.

Upvote 0
I can dig Jester's idea, but I recommend instead rebinding back to the use key so that it can open doors as well. then set D-pad right to knife and just have D-pad left function as the 5 button on PCs, cycling between syringe and welder.

It isn't a bad idea necessarily, and might actually get a few console casuals interested in some more serious games, but I couldn't recommend it unless the porting could be done like that *snap*.

Bump much?

Upvote 0