• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-FilthsCross-V5

JustFilth

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
UK
www.leveldesigner.co.uk
Map Name: KF-FilthsCross-V5

Author: JustFilth

Playable: Yes

Description of map: Underground tube station

Download Size: 6Mb http://www.filefront.com/14159563/KF-FilthsCross-V5.zip

Story: Darkness has fallen upon us all, yet until we descend into its depths and question of survival still has no answer.

Please report any errors/bugs either here or to my email: justfilth AT live.co.uk

Custom content: textures, staticmeshes ( created by JustFilth ) If you use any of my content dont forget to credit me is all i ask

Credits: Tripwire Interactive, CG textures

This map is now considered a final release. If issues are found with the map please use the pm feature on this site or my email provided above to report them. I would appreciate reports made in this manner in case any exploits are found they remain out of the public view and spoil the overall game play of the map itself.

Attachments

• Shot00246.jpg
    Shot00246.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hi extreme,

Dont believe it to be a bug as such, what may be accurring is that when you are close to death and you get the red filter that there is not alot of bright lighting on the map to cut through and as such it effects you in this manner. Thats my best guess with out checking, I have to look to the map as i do have a broken path lol 1 missing pathnode ggrrrrr so will look at this then. If it is a matter of the lighting i am sorry extreme but i will not be adjusting it as I am personally happy with it and am finding there is no way I can please everyone and should stick to my own vision and leave people with the decision whether to play it or not and stop adjusting the map to suit.

This is v5 soon to be going into v6 basically trying to please people and not just for fixies, some time it has to stop. just another part of my learning i suppose..lol

Cheers Filthy.

Upvote 0
lol my comment was not directed solely at you Extreme so should hope you wont stop playing it :), it was just a general statement that im finding no matter what I cant please everyone and instead of chasing people to play my maps by quickly trying to fix this and that i should just stop when i feel it is right and leave the decision to play up to the indivual.

Like i said there is a game breaker in there and needs a fix so will look to the other issue then but no promises trooper is all.

Loves and stuff

Filthy...

Upvote 0
I fell in love with this map. I've only seen it once played on KF, and I was there. The working elevators made solo play horrifying and amazing. This is EXACTLY the kind of map that this game needs. Best of luck to you, JustFilth.

I didn't see any working lifts... Anyways, love the map. There isn't a single place on the map where I felt safe.

Upvote 0
Hi mamoo, firstly cheers and I'm glad I kept you on your toes :).

"I didn't see any working lifts" I had to disable the lifts on previous versions as, even though the lifts themselves where In a working state the zeds simply refused to access them which in turn led to exploit of players being able to go up and down in the lifts and slowy pick them off when the zeds had turned and walked away to find a path , minus lifts.

Good news though I am in the process of updating this map. No ETA as yet apart from soonish as I been flat out on other projects ( check my sig ), but the Lifts are back thanks to Marco's work that can be found in this thread http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=34784 . He managed to path the lift system so Z's would take advantage of them.

I will update with some fresh screen closer to a release until then just keep on running trooper. :p

Filthy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cheers 25,

There are a few bugs that I am aware of with FilthsCross, all where in the pipeline for the updated version the issue above being amongst them. Now that the map has been added to the default map rotation, I will pass on all the info I have gathered and send it on to TW along with a Fixed version. This way they could either add the version I have sumbited or work on the bugs themselves which ever way they would like to play it.

I have not done this as yet with it being the holidays soon, just thought id let it ride and not badger the guys at TW. I have informed them that i have Info regarding the map and will chat soon.

So all should be well soon in the house of filth :p

P.S. do us a favour trooper and delete the SS it will just spread like wildfire other wise ;).

Any other faults found please either pm me or email justfilth@live dot co dot uk .

No im not hiding anything :D

Edit: Ta 25, Catch ya later trooper.

Filthy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0