• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-FE-Testmap_Advanced

TheMutant

Grizzled Veteran
May 31, 2012
Germany
Hello community,
I hope you're not fed up with versions of the Testmap. :D
I extended Anaemix's Testmap with the aim to create the perfect parctise environment. I polished the map, extended it and improved it with custom scripts to offer the perfect practise map. The map is meant to be played with other players, bots can fill up the missing slots to always have the highest difficulty.
You just need the map file to play, no other files are needed.

What does this map include:
- respawn system
- AddBot/KillBot feature (5 bots can be added until MaxPlayers has been reached)
- damage display
- (custom) perk selection at any level
- vest/health/full ammo pickups
- level clean up feature (remove stuff, reset door, garbage collection)
- KillZeds function (kills all ZEDs alive)
- new rooms
- heavily reduced log spamming

New console commands:
Mutate <Perk> <Level>
- <Perk> can be by default: medic, supp, sharp, cmdo, zerk, fire, demo
- <Level> cyn be by default: 0-6
- Example: Mutate sharp 6
Mutate toggleheadzones
- toggles on/off drawing of the server side headlocation (it's a network heavy feature use it reasonably)​

The map generates a "KFFETestmapAdvancedV2.ini" file. In that file you can remove the default perks and/or add custom perks and alter the level range/commands for each perk.
Furthermore, you can change the information (about the perk commands) that will be printed to all players.
However, I did not test custom perks so far, so it's kind of experimental up to now.

Permissions:
You are allowed to freely use this map on your servers, however you're not allowed to use parts of the map or alter it without asking me.

Credits:
Anaemix (for the idea and base map)

Map Download V2 (1.07MB): Steam Workshop

Last edited:
Wow, that is very neat. I really like the ability to pick perks and then the levels you want to play them as. Also, the door added, makes it great for other purposes. Also, the health and armor packs are great. Only thing I would say, is add an armor vest in the "second" room. Besides that, I really like this map, and I think Ill actually use this instead of the others

Upvote 0
Version 2 out now on Steam Workshop!!

Version 2 out now on Steam Workshop!!

I updated the map and uploaded it to the Steam Workshop (check OP for download).

New features:
- Drawing of server side headlocations
- Full ammo boxes
- Vest pickups in trader room
- Improved code

Have fun with it and get used to the weird headlocations.
Yay, 100's post. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I updated the map and uploaded it to the Steam Workshop (check OP for download).

New features:
- Drawing of server side headlocations
- Full ammo boxes
- Vest pickups in trader room
- Improved code

Have fun with it and get used to the weird headlocations.
Yay, 100's post. :D

Ehh, not sure If i want to subscribe to get the map. Dont get me wrong, I want the map and I like it, but Ive been having issues with it messing up the achievements and stuff.

Upvote 0
Which issues exactly?
I included in the new version a custom SteamStats class and commented out any perk progress. Can you test it and let me kno if it's secure now? I have nearly all achievements and cannot test is therefore.

Hard for me to test aswell since Im nearly done with my achievements lol. Ill give it a shot and see if my count for kills with the SCAR weapon count

Upvote 0
I updated the file and cut the connection to steam manually so there won't be any problems concerning achievements/perk progress anymore. Furthermore, I removed some minor log warnings.

Sweet, but the only question I have, is what was the console command to add more fake players? I couldn't figure it out and it wasnt there in the first room when it tells you what the console commands are.

Upvote 0
I have no console command for adding/removing bots, the bots can be added/removed via a ScriptedTrigger in the spawn room.
Furthermore, if a player joins and the server is full, a bot (in case of there is at least one) will automatically be removed to make room for the player. :)

fair enough. Althogh I could have sworn that there was a command of some sort that let me add "fresh meat" players before you updated the map and posted on steam workshop. Oh well, Ill use that fake players thing for now. From what I can see now, this map is just perfect. So many inventive ways of practicing on zeds including the big ones, and lods of health and armor for those "oh crap, Im enarly dead" moments.

Upvote 0
Map not working, possibly due to Server Provider's Security

Map not working, possibly due to Server Provider's Security

My KillingFloor server provider blocks these files types for security reasons: "*.exe;*.dll;*.so;*.bat;*.sh;*.cmd;*.vbs;*.pif;*.scr;*.com". The map loads fine, but the triggers on the walls (such as "Information", add/remove player bots, etc) don't work. Players also start with their standard accrued Perk Levels (instead of Level 0) and the various console commands do not work either. The provider found that the 'KFFETestmapAdvancedV2.ini was not created, due to security reasons, however they have since fixed that, but the above listed issues still remain. I'm certain that their security features are the cause of the problem. Would you know, which of the above listed file types, might be a likely cause for the problems described?

Upvote 0