• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Archives

Name : KF-Archives
Filename(s) : KF-Archives.rom
Version : 1.0
Playable : Yes
Description of the map : A recently abandoned library
Map Download : http://eraofwar.com/download/Killing%20Floor/KF-Archives.zip -(Filefront link coming soonish)
Story/Background : The team has broken down in a block of the city where very little seems active. The library was supposed to be a safe house for evacuees, so thinking that there may still be some civilians remaining, you have entered the facility - only to find that it has already been overrun. The only goal here is killing enough of them to make it out alive...

This gallery below is from an unfinished build, but should give a good idea of what to expect. Echo will be posting some screens of the final build.
http://img406.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=killingfloor20090727125x.png

Anyway, we were shooting for a gameplay similar to offices. Somewhat small map with tense gameplay. There are three main floors (each with a trader) to the library along with a basement (also has a trader) and a small street outside.

Last edited:
Reactions: Locutus
I was playing this one today, it's a very interesting map. Only bug I noticed was a lot of the zeds get stuck in the hallways for some reason. This is good for perk leveling, but bad for the overall quality of the map.

You sure? I haven't encountered such a problem myself. But then again, you said you've played this earlier? You sure you're thinking of the same map?

Upvote 0
God dammit! This is twice we switched the name! Why cant people name maps more specifically. The other Library isn't even a LIBRARY. That was our initial map name. Now someone has Archives?! I bet it doesn't even have anything to do with knowledge or books or any kind of archive :mad: I am frustrated!
Nah, it's mostly a bunch of file-cabinets. Like I said, the other version is glitchy and IMO not very good.

Upvote 0
This is one of the 1st custom maps I played when I got KF. It looked so similar in style to Offices that I thought it was official :) I was new then and didn't know much about. I eventually found it again when I started to sort through custom maps to find good ones.

Here I play it solo on Hell On Earth, that spot is rather easy as it seems the zeds are getting stuck on the door. The only problem are if my pipes are blown before the FPs arrive or if the FPs come with sirens; in that case, both happened xD

Killing Floor - Archives - Solo HoE W9-11 No Sound - YouTube

Upvote 0
That's because instead of one trader volume per spot, he put like 5. I got so fed up fixing this map up that I just out right removed it.
Deleting trader volumes is pretty easy... I just quickly got the map out of my cache, deleted extra volumes and vertex edited 1 for each. The number varied per trader but it was more between 2-4 than 5. I spent more time doing path nodes like THESE because omg pls no and uploading.

Download

Upvote 0
Deleting trader volumes is pretty easy... I just quickly got the map out of my cache, deleted extra volumes and vertex edited 1 for each. The number varied per trader but it was more between 2-4 than 5. I spent more time doing path nodes like THESE because omg pls no and uploading.

Download

Then remove other bugs etc. It is such a pain and really hurts to be doing these fixes when it should of never been there. Sorry author, just my view on this. I mean yes it can be an easy fix but...why is it there?

Upvote 0
Then remove other bugs etc. It is such a pain and really hurts to be doing these fixes when it should of never been there. Sorry author, just my view on this. I mean yes it can be an easy fix but...why is it there?
To no discredit of the author... but most of this map is made up entirely of 256x256x256 brushes and copy and pasted stuff from other maps. At the time, trader volumes worked with the method he used (copying and pasting the same trader volume over and over to cover a space), but this is no longer the case (clearly haha).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To no discredit of the author... but most of this map is made up entirely of 256x256x256 brushes and copy and pasted stuff from other maps. At the time, trader volumes worked with the method he used (copying and pasting the same trader volume over and over to cover a space), but this is no longer the case (clearly haha).

yeah I noticed with the 256 x 3 setup. Was it really how the traders worked?? I've never done this and never see the point of it as I find it very inefficient.

Upvote 0

Download

Thanks for doing this! It's a pretty nice map and was sad to let it go.
I know there are a few more decent maps that have that issue.

Upvote 0