• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-AASFMedic_Training_b

kf-aasf_mt.jpg

Map Name: AASF Medic Training (KF-AASFMedic_Training_b2_8_1)

Beta Number:
BETA 2.8.1

Release (Update) Date: 16/06/2010

Playable: Yes

Description of map:
This map is originally from America's Army: Special Forces (AA2) and recreated for Killing Floor.

It's my first map using Unreal Editor, so I don't still understand it. Especially, the lighting is strange...:( Also, it's not completely reproduced because of some reasons (which include technical issues due to my UED skill and making more fun for playing). I want any suggestions and bug reports.

Map Download/Download Size: KF-AASFMedic_Training_b2_8_1.zip (16.2 MB)

Last edited:
I don't mind since I don't think the default trader is very suitable for KF. (I haven't tested it yet though, I'll do it when i get home).

edit:[Later same day]: I've tried the map now, I like it. It's one of the harder custom maps due to it's extreme lack of space (not a bad thing). I also like the cleanness of the map (now it bothers me that the corpses+projectors disappears to quickly, But hey I can do something against it ^_^). There's only one thing I miss in this map, and it's the harsh KF feel. Overall this map would (was) be really intense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
KF-AASFMedic_Training_b2

KF-AASFMedic_Training_b2

The map is now updated to beta 2! My real life was little bit tough, so I'm sorry for that updating was slow...

CHANGE LOG from beta 1:

• Fix lighting issues (now darker and you won't feel muzzle flashes are too bright)
  • Fix Patriarch is stuck at some doors (but need more test to make sure really solved)
  • Players cannot enter classrooms (Some people complained that it became quite easy if they camp in classrooms)
  • Players cannot stand on the bumpers
  • Add "Door is Locked" messages where players cannot open it
Testing wanted:
I want to make sure that Patriarch never be stuck at some locked doors. And overall difficulty (can you survive easily or not?).

Upvote 0
The map is now updated to beta 2! My real life was little bit tough, so I'm sorry for that updating was slow...

CHANGE LOG from beta 1:

• Fix lighting issues (now darker and you won't feel muzzle flashes are too bright)
  • Fix Patriarch is stuck at some doors (but need more test to make sure really solved)
  • Players cannot enter classrooms (Some people complained that it became quite easy if they camp in classrooms)
  • Players cannot stand on the bumpers
  • Add "Door is Locked" messages where players cannot open it
Testing wanted:
I want to make sure that Patriarch never be stuck at some locked doors. And overall difficulty (can you survive easily or not?).

From the version that i've tested, there's some ridiculous exploits in your map and it probably won't be whitelisted because of them (make sure your map is exploit free when you want to get it on the whitelist). But your map does look really really good and i was impressed with all the textures. Will send you the pictures of the exploits in a moment. If you fix it, we may take a look at it and see if there are still exploits in your map, but send me the link please.

Upvote 0
Put blocking volumes on everything!!!!!

No don't please. Just because a space is available or a ledge is jumpable does not mean it should have a blocking volume unless specimens cannot reach you whatsoever. I don't like maps where I cant jump on objects or go places I should be able to go. Pretty soon, maps will be so linear because of this theory and create a very boring atmosphere.

Upvote 0
No don't please. Just because a space is available or a ledge is jumpable does not mean it should have a blocking volume unless specimens cannot reach you whatsoever. I don't like maps where I cant jump on objects or go places I should be able to go. Pretty soon, maps will be so linear because of this theory and create a very boring atmosphere.

If Zeds are having a hard time to get to that spot or get confused, the map may not get on the whitelist. That was my point. Maria submitted his map, but we can't accept to approve this map yet (there was also one major exploit).

Edit: I'm not against the fact that you should be able to get on the beds for example, but you shouldn't be able to jump from the bed to get to an other spot and jump to an other one

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If Zeds are having a hard time to get to that spot or get confused, the map may not get on the whitelist. That was my point. Maria submitted his map, but we can't accept to approve this map yet (there was also one major exploit).

No worries man. I was only referring to your statement about putting blocking volumes around everything. That would definately kill the exploits but could take away from gameplay too. I just dont want maps to become over blocked. If they are getting confused or trouble getting to that spot, work on the pathing a bit b4 blocking it off.

Upvote 0
KF-AASFMedic_Training_b2_6

KF-AASFMedic_Training_b2_6

I updated to Beta 2.6.

It is focused on reducing exploits. But some mentioned expolits seem impossible to remove till Tripwire works hard to change AI of Zombies or I remove some static meshes (Zombies are sometimes stuck on objects such as the edge of a bed). Please check exploits on the basis of those.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
KF-AASFMedic_Training_b2_8

KF-AASFMedic_Training_b2_8

I have updated this map to beta 2.8.

From this version you don't need AASF.usx and AASF.utx files. Maybe installing (includes compressing with ucc.exe for a server) has become easier :cool:

Sometimes zombies are still stuck on edges of objects. At this moment, there are four options for me: 1. Giving up to get on whitelist :( 2. Adding blocking volumes around anything that can be climbed :mad: 3. If you can fix this issue, you can fix the map and please show me it. But I don't want to see so much blocking volumes :eek: 4. Waiting for TW's hard work to improve AI :eek:

Well, my real life is really tough at this moment. So sorry for slow updating!

Upvote 0
I have updated this map to beta 2.8.

From this version you don't need AASF.usx and AASF.utx files. Maybe installing (includes compressing with ucc.exe for a server) has become easier :cool:

Sometimes zombies are still stuck on edges of objects. At this moment, there are four options for me: 1. Giving up to get on whitelist :( 2. Adding blocking volumes around anything that can be climbed :mad: 3. If you can fix this issue, you can fix the map and please show me it. But I don't want to see so much blocking volumes :eek: 4. Waiting for TW's hard work to improve AI :eek:

Well, my real life is really tough at this moment. So sorry for slow updating!

No problem Maria :)

I hope that one day your map will be whitelisted :eek:

It is true that the specimens are often blocked on several objects in your maps :(

I want to whitelist your map :D

Thank you for your great map maria :)

Upvote 0
You can also mylevel files. For utx files, you need to import a texture to mylevel -> folder name (optional) -> texture name

For static meshes goes the same. This adds to your filesize, but you will not need any additional server packages or files to put in your kf folder. Keeps it nice and clear. I will test the map sometime else, not too much time today, busy working on constriction. :D

€ Scratch that, I should be reading the WHOLE text. sorry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
KF-AASFMedic_Training_b2_8_1

KF-AASFMedic_Training_b2_8_1

I have updated this map to beta 2.8.1.
I just fixed some tiny problems which were reported or I found.

And I submitted it to be on whitelist, but main focus for that is I want to know what problems are still existing :rolleyes: If acceptable, then I will release RC version as soon as possible. If unacceptable, then I will release another beta after fixing it.

Upvote 0