• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Katana should be able to hit multiple enemies?

How about a great big sword? :D

It could work like the Cleave feat in D&D - if you do a headshot kill on the first guy, it keeps going until you've finished your swing or you've slowed the blade down on a body (or very thick head and neck).

I would put my money on a War Maul.

heavy-war-hammer_3.jpg

Look at that thing, look how beautiful it is, how wonderful, so much strength, so much power, so much grace it brings to your eyes when you look at it. This 40 pound war maul would knock a fleshpounds head through his arsehole in an instant, sweeping this from side to side would smash and bash clots aside like wheat to a scythe. Look at this video to show you how badass warhammers can be. In 2 minuts in the video, you would find me doing that do specimens if this was ever in the game. YouTube - Warhammer: Mark of Chaos Intro Cinematic

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmmm. A scythe would be badass, but i don't see it really fitting in the game somehow.

It is a survival game, and not all of the characters are Soldiers.

pxf172019.jpg

Hit 2 zeds at once, or a Bayonet style attack with the bottom end for reaching crawlers.
Or it could take out the legs of clots instead, then they crawl, lulz.

Do want.

Upvote 0
I'll say there should be a weapon that deals damage to multiple ZEDs. About as slow as the axe and damage of a katana swing. (axe does a lot more damage than a katana in one swing.)

Perhaps a scythe or sledgehammer? :confused:

there already are weapons that deal damage to multiple zeds in the game. That is why an m79 is by zerkers 2nd best friend.

M79 to thin out, hand cannon for single crawlers and katana for everything else.

Yes I understand the "idea" behind the multi kill swing and have been in the situation when I would have loved to have a multi hit swing. That is the problem though, If I had that I wouldn't have learned how to play zerker better.
A multi hit katana or chainsaw or axe would make a zerk an MBR sniper, no weakness.

I see it this way zerks are given the tools they need to survive if played well which for a zerk is pretty much don't get surrounded. Run speed and damage reduction allow this to be accomplished without need to overpower a weapon. I am of the opinion that a katana is a little too strong as it is. A bit overpowered in another classes hands but fitting in a zerks. Same with an xbow too strong in everyone elses hands but fitting for a sniper in the role they should be playing.

Upvote 0