• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just one question: UK Version uncut or cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did it because we of course have no friggin idea what we are actually doing...
I didn't say that. I bet you knew full well what you were doing when you expanded your market by allowing 16 year olds to purchase the game too. That doesn't change the fact that I think it was the wrong decision, because the game appeals to older gamers anyway and some might not have baught it because they knew it was cencored. I don't know your sales statistics, but I know a few people who would have been happier if the game was sold as "ab18" with full gore.

At least you could have been so kind to make your gore-lock as inefficient as those of source games so we could get the full-gore version by changing the steam language. It was possible for HL2, and I don't see a reason why it wouldn't have been possible for RO.

Anyway, it is as it is and personally I don't give a damn, but you still could have handled the situation better, sarcasm or not.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
We did it because we of course have no friggin idea what we are actually doing...

You have had your reasons for releasing a 16+ version and I accept your decision. But please stop telling the same story over and over again that just a bit more gore would lead to indexing (mostly ban on advertisment). In fact it would lead to an 18+ version.

Upvote 0
Well i would liek to know if i got the uncut version ...

Soem tiems when i get blown , only one of the limbs is blown off , is it possible to see more then one limb flying away ?

And if there any "head shots" u know , when u see some one head "explode"..

And i can see blood aswell., and ppl flying in the air aswell(Damn i love this game /cry out of happines)

Well , just wanted to know if there is more gore then i see , and if so , HOW CAN I GET IT :)

Upvote 0
I had no idea it worked like that in Europe...

I guess I have the full-gore version, I don't find it to be too gory..... except for when a few people get a facefull of grenade - and the 3 raggedy bloody spraying corpses are flayling about... Then it sends shivers up my spine.

But I think the realistic context is what should make it ALLOWABLE.

Here in America perhaps we think backwards, accurate portrayals of violence is permissable in a historically accurate context. War is hell, must never be repeated (lol) and showing the evil of it furthers this end. We have more of a stigma about torture or violence which serves no educational value.

That's probably all of us... Governments are pretty arbitrary with all aspects of law :(

Upvote 0
I don't think gore in a video game serves any educational value, except its in a medic-simulation or something.
The damage war does, is not that the headshots look so cool, or that you blow off limbs and get to watch super realistic rag-doll physics afterwards, or an occasional 'wtf. lol. I vaporized him'.
It is that people die for false reasons and they leave a whole in their social structure. It is because countries develop a hatred against each other for propaganda purposes and of course because of the war itself.
As strange as that might sound, but I honestly think that the gore is the least cruel thing in war.

Sure, watching a comrade getting shot in the head while he stands right next to you IS cruel. But not so much because of his brains being splattered all over the place, but because you see a living person, a friend maybe, getting turned into a worthless piece of meat and experiencing how sudden this happens. One second you are a soldier, a father, a husband, a brother, a friend, and the next second you are a pile of dead mass. The way the headshot looked or the way your rag-doll-body behaved in that moment is the least important aspect of death in my opinion.

As long as this isn't represented in video games (and I hope it will never be!) the gore is just a hollow threat. It is cruelty with nothing behind it.
So what you blew his head off? Does it matter? Sure, it looked great, maybe even funny from some angles, depending on how twisted your humor is, but in the end it was just a slightly gross special effect.

Gore in video games does not educate people about the horrors of war. If anything it makes the real horrors of war appear harmless because they fade behind blood spurts and blown off limbs.

How does this fit into this thread? I don't know anymore but I wanted to get it off my chest.:p

Upvote 0
I don't think gore in a video game serves any educational value, except its in a medic-simulation or something.
The damage war does, is not that the headshots look so cool, or that you blow off limbs and get to watch super realistic rag-doll physics afterwards, or an occasional 'wtf. lol. I vaporized him'.
It is that people die for false reasons and they leave a whole in their social structure. It is because countries develop a hatred against each other for propaganda purposes and of course because of the war itself.
As strange as that might sound, but I honestly think that the gore is the least cruel thing in war.

Sure, watching a comrade getting shot in the head while he stands right next to you IS cruel. But not so much because of his brains being splattered all over the place, but because you see a living person, a friend maybe, getting turned into a worthless piece of meat and experiencing how sudden this happens. One second you are a soldier, a father, a husband, a brother, a friend, and the next second you are a pile of dead mass. The way the headshot looked or the way your rag-doll-body behaved in that moment is the least important aspect of death in my opinion.

As long as this isn't represented in video games (and I hope it will never be!) the gore is just a hollow threat. It is cruelty with nothing behind it.
So what you blew his head off? Does it matter? Sure, it looked great, maybe even funny from some angles, depending on how twisted your humor is, but in the end it was just a slightly gross special effect.

Gore in video games does not educate people about the horrors of war. If anything it makes the real horrors of war appear harmless because they fade behind blood spurts and blown off limbs.

How does this fit into this thread? I don't know anymore but I wanted to get it off my chest.:p

Well said. :cool:
Kudos to you mate.

Upvote 0
Well, let's put in another question. I know this is kind of hijacking the topic now, but as there are already some people who posted here about the gore levels... might come in useful.

Would it be possible for the folks who have a german version, and buy another copy of ro (US or UK this time), then activate the key and have their problems solved?

Now don't give me that - I have bought the game already I am free to choose what I want to do with it attitude please. If there are people who really want it, and it can be solved this way, they'll probably just spent a couple of bucks again.

So, is that possible, or is it not?

mara

Upvote 0
i duno how it gets checked basically if steam thinks youre purely english and you get an english version and all the english things you get all gore.

But i dont know what kind of things steam checks to make sure of your nationality.

I hope it is based on CD key and Credit Card information and not by IP because I'm planning buying the US version with an US credit card but playing from Germany.

It will be helpful to get such information from the devs 'cause I presume they know how it is working.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.