• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Jump on Classic this weekend!

Is Classic really dead? I am unable to play atm as I am in Brazil and have no proper rig here.
Are there any servers with spawn on SL off at least? I should be back next year but have no intentions to play on "Realism" servers. Just lame imho.

If we are lucky a lot of servers will run the "RO2 Overhaul Mod" (aka Sound Mutator) then :D

Upvote 0
What are people who've played the new classic saying about it? Is there a thread for that? It'd weird to see it so quiet considering it's supposed to be what the hardcore fans have been asking for for so long.

Makes it seem like the "too little too late" assessment is correct and the game is just dead.

Upvote 0
I see players who I used to play Classic with on other Realism servers, probably for the same reasons I am there. Classic servers are not populated and I'm not willing to sit and seed a server in the hopes enough others will join me. If there were a few clans who played Classic only, I'd think you'd see a full server or two at all times, but alas, that's not the case. It's great that the 40-1 makes an effort, but there isn't enough interest in the small RO2 community.

If Dibblers mod gets Whitelisted and run on a bunch of servers, it will give many in both the Classic and Realism community the gameplay they were hoping for in the beginning. I want more realistic gameplay, I don't care how we get there, be it a mod or an official mode.

And, yeah, changes to Classic were too little, too late IMO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Most player have leave RO2 long time ago, some before classic was released. For me classic is > realism, but classic is not perfect, and it is not what I waiting for when I read the news about RO2 (before release).

No, you are right here. I'm sure we lost a good many ROOST vets that supported the game and TWI. They also prepurchased the game and probably bought extra copies and convinced their friends to prepurchase the game. I am sure a great majority of the sales by release date were because of this and then we probably lost a good majority of those players even before Classic was released. We and I'm sure TWI knows they owe a lot to those people (even if they won't admit it), even if they aren't around anymore. Sad...

Shame, I miss many of them and you know they prepurchased the game...

Upvote 0
I am pretty much done with RO2 now. I keep looking, but there is only Realism servers now and after playing the improved Classic, it is hard to go back and play what I feel is an inferior game mode.

All the negatives of Realism, the constant mashing the sprint key, instant iron sights, the rush to death gameplay, all of the things I played through to enjoy the bigger game is like eating hamburger after tasting steak.

This is a real bummer.

Upvote 0
I think you need to balance the dieing with helping out your squad.
If you are not a twitch shooter like me ,then take cover somewhere you can cover one approach and direct your squad to do the rest.

Going rambo and trying to clear out the whole capzone I will leave upto you Moe,as an assault class I may try but not as SL.:)

I don't think you have to go Rambo, there is a middle ground approach between that and cowering in the corner :p

Upvote 0