• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

It's still not too late devs....

This game isn`t bad and it has a great future.

I give you all another example about a game.

I have played many years Silent hunter 3. It`s have many mods
to make it beautiful and more realistic. It`s an outstanding simulation.

Then a game co. comes with silent hunter 5. So everybody thought fine
and it will become great when the devs has listened to the clients.
But that didn`t happen. Silent hunter 5 came on the market and it
was (is) an arcade game for everyone. The real dyehards are very disappointed. Mine sh5 lies in the cupboard and i will not touch it.

Now with RO2, it has much potential for the future. ROost was in the beginning neither great by the bugs and small maps.

I know that ROost is a great game but it isn`t realistic but very fun to play. And i play RO2 also with a smile on my face.
Watch my words, RO2 will become great in the future.

Reactions: Sensemann
Upvote 0
Today I participated in an epic battle on Red October with a lot of communication (especially for a pub) and an epic last push where we capped and won the game with 16 seconds to spare.

I think the potential is there. If players make an effort, half of the battle is won and it's already very enjoyable. If some of the things were implemented according to what impressions TWI gave prior to release, I think it might be perfect.

Hah, I was there with you, on your squad. Would have joined in on the VoIP, but for a broken mic. Good game.

(oh, and Dionysos is actually one of the SLs who commanded his squad, even if it was just setting a movement marker)

Upvote 0
I too agree that the game has great potential, but right now it seems to be lost in which direction to go. I have been able to get into some great games for a few rounds, and othen other days I will quit after 15 or 20 minutes because it has become ho-hum.

I could be wrong, but I think when TWI went to make ROHOS more accessable to the gaming community that they went too far. By that I mean they tried to be everything to alot of the players and ended up not being the right niche for most of them. The devs certainly made the game more accessable as its easier to move, pick up weapons, rest mgs, etc etc (not as clunkly as ROOST as some might say) and its easier for a newcomer to get used to the game. But the game wasn't what most of the ROOST Vets thought and hoped it would be and that includes me. It also wasn't quite what the COD/BF crowd wanted... it wasn't different enough from those games (at least BF3) to keep playing ROHOS when BF3 came out, and in any case they were the most likely to move on and drop the game when the more mainstream game came out.

Point is, I think TWI should have stuck more with realism with regards to weapons and loadouts and have had the more mainstream relaxed realism as more of a secondary mode. They would then have been able to keep their main fanbase and devoted ROOST community and added alot of the newer players who obviously bought ROHOS anyway because it was still accessable and different enough from those other mainstream games to keep playing.

I'll say it again, I do like ROHOS and I think it still has great potential, but it certainly doesn't grab my attention like ROOST did. I would wake up in the morning and if I had time before work, I would play ROOST and it would be of of the first things I did when I got home. 20-40 hours a week would not be a problem for me. Unfortunately with ROHOS, I don't feel the same way. If I have time I will play a bit in the morning, but now when I come home I will throw on the TV and watch reruns. Its rare I will play it on a weeknight. I will play a few hours each on Saturday and Sunday and sometimes enjoy the games, but I feel like I am just going thru the motions. With ROOST I could immerse myself in the game and it felt more like a battle. ROHOS just feels like a game and something special was lost.

I really really want to love the game, but now I only just sorta like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: VyvyanBasterd
Upvote 0
@SolitarioSoldat and Nikita

When I started RO 2 yesterday, I thought I play it with no bad feelings (I still like the game somehow, but I don't love it like RO which I played since the mod). After 15 minutes though, I quit the game. Not because of bugs (which never really hurted me much, I am lucky), but because in the 15 minutes of gametime

I have over thousand hours on record with Ost which is my ideal, unlucky there are only 2 servers. And I have exactly the same feeling about HoS. I cant break myself to play this game on pub. Competitive gameplay is sth different, communication and less run and fire, specially in cd mode, make game more interesting.

Also, i have really BAD feeling about that zoom thing or focus whatever u call it. You can keep your mind, with zoom as realistic feature but because of the gameplay and map design - small maps with distance like 300m not more, or even engine limitation (in current state i am pretty aware that creation of huge maps could be big problem for performance).
Its just awful when i zoomed for example buildings on spartanovka like x2. I would try with zoom like x1.5

Now I can point one "nice" feature which really blows me up. You starting hipshooting with Ppsh and quickly ironsighting with continuous fire of course :eek::eek:

Upvote 0
I too agree that the game has great potential, but right now it seems to be lost in which direction to go. I have been able to get into some great games for a few rounds, and othen other days I will quit after 15 or 20 minutes because it has become ho-hum.

I could be wrong, but I think when TWI went to make ROHOS more accessable to the gaming community that they went too far. By that I mean they tried to be everything to alot of the players and ended up not being the right niche for most of them. The devs certainly made the game more accessable as its easier to move, pick up weapons, rest mgs, etc etc (not as clunkly as ROOST as some might say) and its easier for a newcomer to get used to the game. But the game wasn't what most of the ROOST Vets thought and hoped it would be and that includes me. It also wasn't quite what the COD/BF crowd wanted... it wasn't different enough from those games (at least BF3) to keep playing ROHOS when BF3 came out, and in any case they were the most likely to move on and drop the game when the more mainstream game came out.

Point is, I think TWI should have stuck more with realism with regards to weapons and loadouts and have had the more mainstream relaxed realism as more of a secondary mode. They would then have been able to keep their main fanbase and devoted ROOST community and added alot of the newer players who obviously bought ROHOS anyway because it was still accessable and different enough from those other mainstream games to keep playing.

I'll say it again, I do like ROHOS and I think it still has great potential, but it certainly doesn't grab my attention like ROOST did. I would wake up in the morning and if I had time before work, I would play ROOST and it would be of of the first things I did when I got home. 20-40 hours a week would not be a problem for me. Unfortunately with ROHOS, I don't feel the same way. If I have time I will play a bit in the morning, but now when I come home I will throw on the TV and watch reruns. Its rare I will play it on a weeknight. I will play a few hours each on Saturday and Sunday and sometimes enjoy the games, but I feel like I am just going thru the motions. With ROOST I could immerse myself in the game and it felt more like a battle. ROHOS just feels like a game and something special was lost.

I really really want to love the game, but now I only just sorta like it.

Never a truer word was spoken, well put Moe,I couldn't agree more, I never thought the day would come when i would rather watch TV. than play RO.
I have over 11000 hrs. in Ostfront and its mods, i spent every waking hour playing, but now i could care less whether i play or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
despite your rather off putting introduction, I do mostly agree with what you say..

as there has been no real response in regards to sway etc.. from the developers I am assuming these more realistic core elements will remain essentially unchanged indefinitely.

This however is not the end, as for example the moment I downloaded Darkest Hour I pretty much stopped playing Roost.. I see allot of potential in the core of this game to be created by total conversion and realism mods.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Meh.

I still play the game, almost every week.

I am still having fun. I still get immersed and except for the crashes the bugs are not that bad.

Would I have played it more and more regularly if it HAD been made with the kind of fear and fatigue handicaps embodied with the weapons sway and recovering system exists in ROOST? Absolutely!

I believe it would have been a MUCH better game that what we have now.

But for now I am playing the game they gave us and enjoying myself.

Yet, at times it makes me sad, like backing a decent team that could have made it to the Super Bowl or World Series but always came up short every season.

I never have that feeling that I cannot wait to get back to the game that I always had with ROOST and Darkest Hour. Almost all of it comes down to the arcade-ness.

Upvote 0