• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Italian Modification

Status
Not open for further replies.
WickedPenguin said:
This looks very interesting.

I do have to ask one thing: why not join forces with the Burning Sands mod, at least in terms of the weapon systems?

You BOTH need American, British, and Italian forces, vehicles, and weapons. A tank can be modelled and coded, and then it can be passed to each team to be skinned for its appropriate theatre.
Hmmm, we must launch some sort of modding coalition for Red Orchestra...
In which alle participant-mods have the right the ask for help from everyother modding team and the duty to help others.
It's also possible to exchange material within that coalition.

I think this would increase modding speed and make it more fair between those mods! :)

How about?

Upvote 0
Focus on the forces attacking the Italians, the Italians themselves could just be AI which are programmed to throw their weapons down and run away with their trousers down everytime the enemy advances:D:D

Also, when I'm in an Italian tank i want the original "one gear to go forwards and four in reverse":D:cool:

Upvote 0
Jono said:
Focus on the forces attacking the Italians, the Italians themselves could just be AI which are programmed to throw their weapons down and run away with their trousers down everytime the enemy advances:D:D

Also, when I'm in an Italian tank i want the original "one gear to go forwards and four in reverse":D:cool:
... As Gen. Patton recalls the Italians as shitty rats with pizza's and canoli littered all over the place in a desperate attempt to lure the enemy ... :D

Upvote 0
C'mon guys - keep the Italian-bashing to a minimum here. Yes, yes - the Italians were undertrained and underequipped, but many fought bravely.

From Colonel Hans Von Luck, who commanded one of Rommel's units in North Africa:

Some days later, Rommel's HQ informed me that I was to be sent an Italian armored reconnaisance battalion, the Nizza. At first, I was not very pleased, as I had no great opinion of Italian weapons or morale. They duly arrived, well spread out and apparently still at normal fighting strength... They were proud Piedmontese and Venetians. They wanted to show they knew how to fight.

"May our patrols go on reconnaisance with yours?" I was asked by the commander and his officers. "That would be the best way for us to learn."

I inspected their armored cars and weapons. "More sardine cans" said our men, who were standing around inquisitively. Indeed, the equipment didn't even approach the standard that we had had at the start of the Polish campaign. It was hopelessly inferior to the British Humberts and antitank guns. And yet, the Italians wanted to be sent into action at the front.

In the difficult weeks that followed, my feelings wavered between admiration and pity for these brave men, who despite heavy losses, didn't give up and so remained to the end, our good friends.

We have, without a doubt, often done our Italian allies an injustice. Frequently mocked by our men as "Spaghetti-eaters," they were regarded, on account of their combat performance, as more a burden than a help. We failed to consider that their weapons and armored cars were far from coresponding to the standard of those which we or our opponents employed in North Africa.

Upvote 0
Yes everyone is entitled to an opinion but saying that the Italians ran away is not an opinion it sounds like a statement of truth.

However this never happened. The Italians recevied so much bad press that many people do believe that the Italian army were cowards. This is untrue and hopefully this mod may start to rectifiy this as we hope to get people interested in this largely 'unknown' front.

On a lighter note the last installment of the webpage has been finished. A new look which we are thoroughly happy with. A few minor problems are being addressed. :D

Head over to www.campagna-italiana.com to have a peek! Leave any bugs. comments, suggestions on the forums. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.