• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Italian Modification

Status
Not open for further replies.
vostrikoff said:
If you read above it said they were including the canadian army lol and Devils Brigade was not the greatest fighting unit of the whole war, what do they teach you in school? :mad:

What do they teach you in school, that some Russian outfit was the best fighting unit of the war? The Devil's Brigade did the impossible and then some.

Upvote 0
Cyion said:
What do they teach you in school, that some Russian outfit was the best fighting unit of the war? The Devil's Brigade did the impossible and then some.
One he's canadian (read his sig) and I think he might have been talking about the SAS when he said that. Google "SAS ww2 raids" and see the damage they caused
in Operation [FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Wallace in one battel (from the BBC)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A430075
[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"After a battle in Dijon, it was estimated that they had killed 7,731 Germans, captured 4,784 prisoners and destroyed, or took control of, 700 vehicles. 164 railway lines were cut, seven trains were destroyed and 33 were derailed. Perhaps, the most dubious recognition of the SAS's success was the Fuhrer Directive, calling for all captured Commandos to be shot.[/FONT]"

There where 900 (ish) members of the SAS in France and Germany at the time. The other 200 where helping out the Soviets by taking out aircraft and axis supply depots (all recorded as the actions of partisan units using lend lease equipment but trust me they where there).

Upvote 0
Hello people!

The Campagna Italiana development team has been working hard in recent weeks. As soon as the SDK is released we shoud be ready to start at full speed. Welcome to all the new members to the development team who I am sure will make the mod a big hit.

On top of this we have some exciting news!

In order to bring the Italian Front to your doorstep in the fastest time possible we are proud to announce that we have begun work on a mini mod!

Don

Upvote 0
This looks very interesting.

I do have to ask one thing: why not join forces with the Burning Sands mod, at least in terms of the weapon systems?

You BOTH need American, British, and Italian forces, vehicles, and weapons. A tank can be modelled and coded, and then it can be passed to each team to be skinned for its appropriate theatre.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.