• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is this game already dead?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty much done with the current game. Not because im playing anything else just i've become so bored with it. There's little variety, and the skill ceiling is quite low, and there's very little teamwork in pubs.

If new maps / mods come out i might play them. However i wont spend anymore money on DLC or add-ons or anything.

Upvote 0
C'mon not everyone at this forum is a native speaker so ease up a little bit.

I'm sorry, last time I checked, normal non-native English speakers that come to an English forum actually try to speak English.

Of course it's only Battlefield3 who let the playerbase melt like butter in the sun. Although how do you explain that other games old-as-**** games like DoD:Source don't get effected by that?
Seriously, some people definitely try out BF3 these days but this isn't the problem at all.
I never said it was a one subject issue. But the fact is that many people who play Red Orchestra 2 also intend to play Battlefield 3. But I guess it's easier to complain about how all the bugs killed this game and pretend like that's the only reason.

Well, I think the past days for the major play time in NorthAmerica the peak was around 500-600 players with some of them being even europeans. At least I wouldn't call this a active community you might expect for a 1,5 months old game. With this "retain a smaller crowd" argument you can say as well that Ostfront is totally active and alive.
Like I said before, there are several reasons why the userbase is decreasing in size. If you really think this game is dead, then please don't waste your time on this forum. Because I have yet to see something constructive aimed towards the survival of this game come out threads and posts like yours.

Upvote 0
I havent preordered a game in my life, and I knew that this game HAD to be good, since I loved ro1, killingfloor, then this game should kick ***! And it did in the beta, started playing the beta and thought..."This rocks! I cant wait to play the released version!!" Then the release happened, and I said 'Wait wat?" now I find myself playing call of pripyat :|

Lesson learned - Never preorder a game, I did it once and never will again.

Upvote 0
I feel like I've already burried this game and left it for dead... at least until the mods come out.
A part of me sort of wishes it would die so that stubborn old mule Ramm would wake up. The sad thing is that they have already made off with all of our money which only justifies their design choices enough to possible not give a damn.

The mods are what will save this game... Not tripwire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A part of me sort of wishes it would die so that stubborn old mule Ramm would wake up. The sad thing is that they have already made off with all of our money which only justifies their design choices enough to possible not give a damn.
Thanks for the laugh. :D
And they can only pull that stunt one time. It surely won

Upvote 0
The mods are what will save this game... Not tripwire.
The best that Tripwire can do at this point is a) release the SDK, and b) fix the technical problems of the game like performance and server load.

Releasing the SDK first would allow them to incorporate fixes to gameplay problems that modders have made, if the modders give them permission. It would surely save a lot of effort and allow for pretty much all minor gameplay problems (toggled controls, Cover on its own key) to be fixed within a patch or two.

Reactions: shadowmoses
Upvote 0
If Tripwire want to put trust into RO2's customers and prevent decreased sales in the future they have to change the direction they want this game to head right now. The first step is to show people that they take note of all complaints. Because if they go around and think like ''This board only consist of a minority of all RO players'' they will most likely bury the series into the dirt. It doesn't matter if MODS save this game. If TWI head further and further into the arcade direction there will be a point where all these modders that save their a$$ will say: It's enough. Why? Because It's this audience, the minority, that will keep this game alive for years. Without this audience RO1 would be dead. DH wouldn't even exist along with MANY other customs mods. Now, if the game doesn't appeal to the people on this board no one will care about it. People wont spend time saving a game if the developers doesnt help. It will affect the sales of RO3.

TWI should either make it into a full-blown arcade game and compete with battlefield and COD or stick to the niche audience they got. They can only choose two options. Stick to their orginal idea that defines RO or compete with BF and COD and... most likely lose. Pleasing both the mainstream and the niche audience is simply not possible. It will make everyone sad. The fact that the people that BOUGHT this game, that once was a mod, have to mod it to make it more like the first mod, is both poetic and tragic. It's all down to TWI in the end of the day. If they try as good as they can to give us what they want - there is no problem - but If I know that TWI will work agianst the core audience and rely that they will fix it up.. That's a big NO NO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm sorry, last time I checked, normal non-native English speakers that come to an English forum actually try to speak English.
Wow, you're such a smart guy.

Like I said before, there are several reasons why the userbase is decreasing in size. If you really think this game is dead, then please don't waste your time on this forum. Because I have yet to see something constructive aimed towards the survival of this game come out threads and posts like yours.

The interesting point of all these is, that I most likely spent more time on working on the survival on the game than the rest of this thread summarized. That's actually the reason why I'm quite sure that we can't do anything that really changes the trend of the shrinking playerbase. We can't compile mutators, you can't create new levels neither you can run competitions. Well, there's actually only one thing we can do right now. Showing new guys that the community isn't full of fools who rant at people that don't speak proper english but... hey, that's your turn.

Upvote 0
The sad thing is that they have already made off with all of our money which only justifies their design choices enough to possible not give a damn.
Only if they made more money like a week after release, when people knew more or less what RO2 truly is compared to pre-orders; when that "minority" still advertised the game word to mouth like it's their faith and religion, when people bought it based on how RO1 played, based on the beta gameplay w/o the horrors of the unlock system and other things that take time to realize and pay attention to after you get used to the new eyecandy stuff.

Im also happy to see it die for the same reason, and if a mod does save it, it has nothing to do with TWI. Same as I wont ever thank BIS for making that half finished coop game called ARMA should PR:A2 ever become enjoyable in MP.
At least I paid for an improved RO1 with better graphics, not a mod platform or "another" arcade WW2 shooter with less "depth" and re playability than BF3 and such.

Last edited:
Reactions: DasFist
Upvote 0
I haven't played a single minute of RO2 in the last 10 days or so.
This is my first post since then...
In the meanwhile I have played Ostfront, Sid Meier's Pirates! (still so funny :D) & Deus Ex: HR.

Tbh, sadly, i don't care about this game - I did, but now? No more.

Just hope in a mod or something to save it in the near future.
If it doesn't happen, well...that's not a big drama, after all.

Yes, I'm THAT deluded.

Upvote 0

I never said it was a one subject issue. But the fact is that many people who play Red Orchestra 2 also intend to play Battlefield 3. But I guess it's easier to complain about how all the bugs killed this game and pretend like that's the only reason.

And masturbatory and arrogant posts like yours are even less valuable in contributing towards the survival of the game. People here have a tendency to automatically dismiss criticism of any kind as whining, perhaps because they are under the impression that a negative or pessimistic criticism of the game is invalid by default.
I would argue that the forum-goers who spend most of their time calling out everyone else for "whining" and make continuous snide comments about it in other threads are more a threat to the community and the development of the game as a whole. Attempting to stifle the anxiety and concerns of the community, no matter how well or poorly phrased they may be, by telling them to go elsewhere or shut up is going to bury legitimate feedback and criticism that Tripwire needs to take into account to improve their product.

Upvote 0
And masturbatory and arrogant posts like yours are even less valuable in contributing towards the survival of the game......QUOTE]

damn, is that even a word?? LOL

ive been lerkin around the past couple weeks and i got to say its kinda funny to see it slowly sink into people where this game is going, straight into the bargin bin. in the past this thread would be full of "omg just wait they will fix it trust them".

gave them a good size grace period to fix the game and actually make it playable (pings are awful) and i havent heard a peep out of the devs in a good long time. its a good thing BF3 came out or else i would be stuck with nothing to scratch my FPS itch (BF3 FYI runs so much better, and looks better too). yes i enjoy bf3 and RO1! i know its scandalous but i enjoy both of thoses games more then RO2.

mods will come to the rescue, but not for a long time which kinda pisses me off knowing i wont even enjoy this game until its at bottom of the bargin bin prices.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.