• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is this game already dead?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played the game a ton the first month, and im preety good at it, which helps alot. But BF3 just came out so ill be playing that for a while and wait for the final needed kinks to get unkinked with HOS.

And then ill be back in full.

I'm in the same boat here. I have logged over 70 hours on the game and it's really fun (not as fun as BF3 though (bring on the flames TWI diehards, lololol!))... I'll be back :D :D someday

Reactions: Vegard
Upvote 0
Okay something very strange is going on.

I restarted my computer and opened the steam server list and saw loads of servers. I copy Kentucky Fried Gulasch's IP from the gametracker link thrown my way.

I started RO2 and all the sudden only 7 servers showed. I refreshed on the steam menu and all those nice servers disappeared and I can't even connect directly using the IP addresses from gametracker.

I checked my firewall settings and everything looks open like it should allow complete access to RO2.

What the hell is going on...

I have tried to open ports for various games in order to play online. I did this because servers didn't always show up, and sometimes, they all dissapeared when I refreshed. My solution to this problem is quite risky but it works very well for me: Turn of the firewall completely.

In overall, in don't play the game at all atm since I don't enjoy it. I have played for 20 hours even though that was two weeks ago and I haven't enjoyed any of that time to be honest. Hopefully the gamemechanics will be fixed and some features even removed or optional - such as the lockdown timer - and some mods to make this game feel like a sequel to the orginal one -but if that doesn't happen I believe I will keep on playing RO ost, arma, red faction, and other games until RO3 is released.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I'm afraid this sounds like the "router being flooded by traffic" problem, where the router decides to stop or throttle the transmission of some network traffic.

This thread - while detailing another kind of network problem - may actually point to your own problem, if you use an affected router.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=67759

Sorry if that doesn't help - I can't seem to track down another thread on the "servers not showing up" problem. There definitely were threads on it somewhere though! :)

Upvote 0

I restarted my computer and opened the steam server list and saw loads of servers. I copy Kentucky Fried Gulasch's IP from the gametracker link thrown my way.

I started RO2 and all the sudden only 7 servers showed. I refreshed on the steam menu and all those nice servers disappeared and I can't even connect directly using the IP addresses from gametracker.

I checked my firewall settings and everything looks open like it should allow complete access to RO2.

What the hell is going on...

Please check your ROengine.ini file. Look for GameVersion

You should have GameVersion=1.0.0.9

Bye
Maraz

Upvote 0
def not dead. Was playing for a few hours today and it was a blast.
Good thing is bots count as kills for unlocks.... so servers that pop bots means easy leveling. But yeah BF3 is nigh and peeps will be back and out

The server I was on had about 20 players today. The rest filled by bots. I'm sure their will be people around for a long time yet. We just need some more map variety.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Game needs more gametypes! over and over territory is getting oooooold! :(

Surely its not that hard to add S&D or CTF?! would it really require that much testing? the maps are huge! you could plonk the spawns anywhere you like! :D anything! SOMETHING just to break it up a bit!

Plus theres that other game just released! people are gonna be dribbling over that for a while I suppose! Just watched a video of a guy spraying 2 HUNDRED bullets per clip, with hardly any recoil at all! they can keep it! and EA's snooping to boot! :p

Last edited:
Reactions: >F|R< Sarcinelli
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Game needs more gametypes! over and over territory is getting oooooold! :(

Surely its not that hard to add S&D or CTF?! would it really require that much testing? the maps are huge! you could plonk the spawns anywhere you like! :D anything! SOMETHING just to break it up a bit!

Plus theres that other game just released! people are gonna be dribbling over that for a while I suppose! Just watched a video of a guy spraying 2 HUNDRED bullets per clip, with hardly any recoil at all! they can keep it! and EA's snooping to boot! :p

Are you kidding? This is not MW3 or COD. I love that the modes are not artificial like other games. Game modes are fine. Just need more maps. I am looking forward to the campaign mode. It would be super cool if they actually introduced new units as re-enforcements. You play the campaign, you lose some ground. Your unit is wasted. You get new skins and come back on the next map back as a different unit. Maybe with different kit and uniforms/insignia. Maybe its a reserve unit/mountain troops/italians/romanians with less kit as punishment :)
Does BF3 have capture the flag?

Last edited:
Reactions: >F|R< Sarcinelli
Upvote 0
The game isn't dead in the most common sense of the word.

For playable servers, it's pretty much dead on the west coast.

dm63ix.jpg

Its been like this ever since a few weeks after release.

I'd love to play this game more, but it seems like everyone over here in Sunnyville shunned it.

Upvote 0
Are you kidding? This is not MW3 or COD. I love that the modes are not artificial like other games. Game modes are fine. Just need more maps.

game MODE is more accurate...

I'd much rather have two new modes than 2 new maps! at least that would make the small amount of maps we have, feel new again! Instead of 2 new maps to rinse territory on 24/7, and they get old in 2 weeks flat. :(

Upvote 0
The game obviously has issues that make it difficult for a lot of people to play. It's just that I'm really facepalming over the people that make another topic like this one instead of making a bug report.
Especially considering the fact that I can find plenty of threads about this subject with the search function. It's easy to make conclusions upon your own observations, but not many people validate if their observations are not influenced by other factors.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.