• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
It just amazes me how people react to a possible delay. Its not like they OWE you the game, its a free game made a team with limited resources. So they havnt exactly handled it brilliantly but that really is outweighed by the fact its a FREE game! People need to stop being so brattish and just wait.
Ppl may have not to pay but there is nothing for free!
The "thing" ppl have to "pay" for a mod is well included in your post:it

Upvote 0
its a free game.. FREE game!

A mod stops beeing free the second the Dev's start taking PayPal donations, whilst stating they cannot finish the mod on time if they dont get cash for computer upgrades.. alot of people have payed for INS, even if indirectly and voluntarily.

Also, people are not complaining that there is a delay.. no, they are complaining that there is yet another delay, and as per usual, all the Dev's have to say about it is BS excuses, arrogance, and yet another PayPal donation drive.. real slick :rolleyes:

People have every right to feel the Dev's are behaving like Douchebags, even if they are distributing a mod free of charge.

Upvote 0
It just amazes me how people react to a possible delay. Its not like they OWE you the game, its a free game made a team with limited resources. So they havnt exactly handled it brilliantly but that really is outweighed by the fact its a FREE game! People need to stop being so brattish and just wait.

Thank you. My sentiments exactly.
Even if they have a PayPal account: Noone forces you to make any donations. It's not like they can distribute the mod only to those that made donations. It's still your free choice to support them or not.

You guys are just plain unfair with the team because you don't like them: They had a lot of members come and go and I have no doubt they are working their asses off to get the mod done... a mod that they are not getting any compensation for. So yeah, you don't get to demand anything. Stop complaining and just wait. It's not like there's any other HL2 mod that is really worth it was as close to being done as Insurgency.

Upvote 0
Even if they have a PayPal account: Noone forces you to make any donations. It's not like they can distribute the mod only to those that made donations. It's still your free choice to support them or not.

You guys are just plain unfair with the team because you don't like them: They had a lot of members come and go and I have no doubt they are working their asses off to get the mod done... a mod that they are not getting any compensation for. So yeah, you don't get to demand anything. Stop complaining and just wait. It's not like there's any other HL2 mod that is really worth it was as close to being done as Insurgency.

just quote myself here!:p

Ppl may have not to pay but there is nothing for free!
The "thing" ppl have to "pay" for a mod is well included in your post:it

Upvote 0
Say whatever you want, checking INS website all month wasn't nice, since I'm leaving for a three weeks work outside the city at the end of the month. They made me(and many more) wait all month with the hopes of a good "modern RO" taste. Now I'll have to wait 3 more weeks :(

I know you don't care, let's hope it'll turn out well then :)

Upvote 0

delayed releases are a sign of bad planing (even if that means to not announce a release until you actually can release). Bad planing might give people the impression that, well, the mod will not reach its full potential and that people might be disappointed with the release.

Basically, with every delayed release you lose players, those you only get back if the mod rocks (thats a point i really doubt with INS). And for those that really want to play the game it means less populated servers (just remember 1.2 days with RO). So from that point i can understand people that are pissed with delayed releases.

Just saw your post Rak, from what is talked about, i wouldnt bet too much on the "modern RO" thingy.

Upvote 0

Well for me it's the same as Stakeholdermanagement.
I guess you could consider a lot of people stakeholders here.

No they don't "owe" (in a juridical way) us something, but that has nothing to do with juridic.

Upvote 0

You see, no one is criticizing the game - we're talking about their questionable PR methods here. They said INS was going to be the most realistic modern combat shooter ever ("The closest you can get without enlisting"... or something like that), but I doubt that. That doesn't mean it won't be good of course. Everything they've shown so far looks good. But does it play good? We'll see....

And the public request for donations was just silly.

Upvote 0
delayed releases are a sign of bad planing (even if that means to not announce a release until you actually can release). Bad planing might give people the impression that, well, the mod will not reach its full potential and that people might be disappointed with the release. Basically, with every delayed release you lose players, those you only get back if the mod rocks (thats a point i really doubt with INS). And for those that really want to play the game it means less populated servers (just remember 1.2 days with RO). So from that point i can understand people that are pissed with delayed releases.
I wouldn't speculate about everything so much. Every game, mod, patch has a chance to be delayed, mods more than the others. RO had its share of delays. But hey, it's pretty obvious you want to hate them. So well, carry on.
Better to delay something than to bring out something that has many bugs in it. RammJaeger once said that and I agree. Since there's really no competition in that class atm they could very well take another two months.

Just saw your post Rak, from what is talked about, i wouldnt bet too much on the "modern RO" thingy.
RO is a slightly more realistic FPS, INS is a slightly more realistic FPS. Which one is better, we'll see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0