• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Installing Mods On servers

haynes11

Jan 9, 2015
Hey,

I'm fairly new to "adminning" Killing Floor, I have Killing Floor multiplayer servers and after scouring the forums I still have no idea how to add mods/mutators, looking at all the guides etc just confuses me, I put the files in the folder but the mods don't seem to load?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Server hosted on:
Linux vps - Cent OS 6
TC Admin CP
Root Access
SFTP Access

Kind Regards
Jerome

Basically copy mutator files in System folder and add mutator to your start variables. If you don't know name of the mutator you can find it in .ucl file.

If you use Daniel Gibbs Linux kfserver. Edit your kfserver file and add mutators like this:

# Start Variables
fn_parms(){
defaultmap="KF-Arcade-Gas-Station-V1.rom"
parms="server ${defaultmap}?game=KFBossSquad.BSGameType?VACSecured=true?Mutator=ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnBalance,ScrnVotingHandlerV4.ScrnVotingHandlerMut,KFBossSquad.KFBossSquad,KFBots.KFBotsMut,MutSlotMachine.MutSlotMachine,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage,AutoSpawnerDK.AutoSpawner,kiraRespawnv1.kiraRespawn,KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,AdminPlus_v3.MutAdminPlus -nohomedir ini=${ini} log=${gamelog}"

Add this voting handler and then it's not necessary to add mutators in start variables. You can add them in mapvote menu.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=42229

http://danielgibbs.co.uk/lgsm/kfserver/

Upvote 0
Well TCAdmin doesn't come mod friendly from the start until it is configured. You have to manually install the mods as if it wasn't used by TCAdmin. If any mod needs to edit the command line, you will need to add more variables to your command line for KF configurations.

if this isn't really helping too much, you can add me anyway: zifluxiz or [Fs]FluX on steam.

Upvote 0
I'm very familiar with TC admin and administration of servers/gameservers, it's just that KF modding actually stumps me on how it works, though it's probably very simple I think I've read into too many different things and ended up confused on the way to actually do it.

Now I've installed KF onto this dedicated server as we've moved servers, on a fresh install of CentOS and TC admin etc, I'm running into a weird problem where the KF servers I've installed are "running" and have a pid file associated so I know the process actually exists, and they are "findable" in the KF browser, but I can't connect to them and neither can a friend of mine. It's very strange as it's an identical KF installation, and I figured that it may be the firewall for some reason blocking the ports, so I turned the firewall off and still had the problem. Do you have any idea what may cause this? No point adding mods if nobody can access the server in the first place :p

PS: I added you on steam

Kind Regards,
haynes11

Upvote 0
The best thing to do is the check with the internal TCAdmin query tool. If it sees the server online with all the details, it's a firewall problem. If it doesn't find anything, your server is actually offline. This means it isn't running and that you need to check the logs to see the cause.

P.S. Make sure a fresh install works before adding mods.

Upvote 0