• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

If I would have the time and skills I would make a chance that on a tank destroy :
1- you weard hear the screams and knocking of the crew that can't get out of the burning tank
2- you would see a crewman on fire try to crawl out of a hatch and die.

Include this and the death moans in vanilla RO2 again and it would be a ptsd simulator all over again.

Why on earth would anyone would like to have such things included...

Upvote 0
If I would have the time and skills I would make a chance that on a tank destroy :
1- you weard hear the screams and knocking of the crew that can't get out of the burning tank
2- you would see a crewman on fire try to crawl out of a hatch and die.

Include this and the death moans in vanilla RO2 again and it would be a ptsd simulator all over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvKRA2Ca3I

You can thank me later! Enjoy.

Upvote 0
This may sound stupid but does this mod also implement changes to RISING STORM AND ITS WEAPONS? Its says in the title this mod "Written by dibbler67, not including "Better Realism" by Panzer Jager '43"??? Is this a typo because in the features list it is stated as implemented?

The implication is that it's mostly written by dibbler, except for Better Realism additions, written by me.

Recently we're both contributors to the core mod, though Dibbler's work is far greater than mine.

1.14 does not affect RS weapons due to a bug, but hopefully 1.15 will correct this.

Upvote 0
Regarding the body armor proposal...

Even if it would have minimal use for bullet protection in-game (only long range mp-40 and pistols), the steel plates would still protect against bayonets to the torso.

That alone would make it a very decent pick for fighting in close quarters.

The trade-off obviously would be to slow down your character.

------

Another thing is: I've seen pictures of entrenching tools floating around. I was wondering if the IOM team intends for them to serve a role or just be there for flavor. A possible way to balance knives and entrenching tools is to make their melee animation slightly faster than a bayonet, but have less reach. Some examples:

If I'm right next to another person with a knife and he with a bayonet and we both click at the same time to stab, my knife would stab first.

If we are at a distance, he can stab me first before I can get into range to stab him. If I sidestep his bayonet though, he is in trouble.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Regarding the body armor proposal...

Even if it would have minimal use for bullet protection in-game (only long range mp-40 and pistols), the steel plates would still protect against bayonets to the torso.

That alone would make it a very decent pick for fighting in close quarters.

The trade-off obviously would be to slow down your character.

------

Another thing is: I've seen pictures of entrenching tools floating around. I was wondering if the IOM team intends for them to serve a role or just be there for flavor. A possible way to balance knives and entrenching tools is to make their melee animation slightly faster than a bayonet, but have less reach. Some examples:

If I'm right next to another person with a knife and he with a bayonet and we both click at the same time to stab, my knife would stab first.

If we are at a distance, he can stab me first before I can get into range to stab him. If I sidestep his bayonet though, he is in trouble.

For body armour: even though MP40 will penetrate up to 100m, damage will be reduced over this range too. The armour plate will still provide a bonus - needing 3-4 hits to the torso at these ranges is better than 1-2.

For Melee shovels: We intend these to be an Assault Melee weapon - as opposed to attaching bayonets. They will probably not be available to Riflemen for that reason.

:)

Edit: also the Armor's weight will be added to the soldier and enter the weight calculation system. So we don't have to worry about any fine details.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For Melee shovels: We intend these to be an Assault Melee weapon - as opposed to attaching bayonets. They will probably not be available to Riflemen for that reason.

you mean stomach protection or melee weapon?
if second, that wont be logical and realistic because IRL everyone had shovel to dig trenches and it did not depend on are you assault or rifleman and in game everyone has shovel in uniform

Upvote 0
you mean stomach protection or melee weapon?
if second, that wont be logical and realistic because IRL everyone had shovel to dig trenches and it did not depend on are you assault or rifleman and in game everyone has shovel in uniform

In belt = unique E-Assault for Axis, as melee = for Assault classes. Everyone may have had shovel but there's no point using it *if* you have bayonet. Bayonet has more reach and can 'incapacitate' in one good strike. It's just a matter of practicality.

Upvote 0
In belt = unique E-Assault for Axis, as melee = for Assault classes. Everyone may have had shovel but there's no point using it *if* you have bayonet. Bayonet has more reach and can 'incapacitate' in one good strike. It's just a matter of practicality.

my plans was giving knife/bayonet + shovel to everyone in team.
All german team should have kar98k bayonets, Soviet team should have NR-40 knife for those who doesnt have rifle bayonet.
There is no reason to remove shovels from some roles, they already exist on uniforms and IRL everybody had them. Its not a problem that "Everyone may have had shovel but there's no point using it" because soilders will have choice between shovel and knife and they will choose what they want.

Upvote 0
Regarding effects being added, maybe some new gore effects? Like a high caliber bullet can tear someone stomach open? Although that sounds like it'd be tough to add.

v1.15 will have 14.5mm and explosive bullets (as well as tank shells etc..) able to bisect soldiers in half. It was a gore mesh created by Tripwire that didn't make it into the game due to some wierd ragdoll issues, but we love it anyways :)

There was a video buried in this thread but I don't feel like digging it up.

Upvote 0
Yepp tanking is a real pain in RO2. You have to camp inside your spawn protection area (T-34 on Pavlovs House e.g.) or you will be death in a view seconds all the time.

Problem A:
To many powerful AT-Weapons Charge, HHL, Geballte Ladung, RPGs.
With IOM we get a new AT-Weapon for regular infantry, the Molotows, but in general I think molotows are much better created because you need some skill to throw it right. Not every molly set a tank on fire.
The other AT-Weapons are one hit wonderweapons in RO2 like Thens said.

Maybe it is possible to rework the AT-Weapons again, so that you really have to use it with some skill. And maybe less classes with molotows.

HHL-3 could be magnetic, Geballte Ladung and RPG have to throw or placed on really weak spots.
Charge have to be placed well, too. Because it have no AT-penetration like a placed HHL-3, Panzerfaust or AP Tank shell.

Problem B:
Infantry support for tanks... don

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The ONLY reason why tanking is hard in IOM is simply because its NEVER supported by infantry.
IRL tanks were supported by infantry to defend from different panzerfausters, bottlers and others.
In game players just dont think about it. When i play as a tank, i often say in chat " HEY INFANTRY SUPPORT ME " but no one gives a ***t ( teamwork? no, we didnt hear about it ).
If infantry would support tank, it would become almost invulnerable.

Upvote 0