• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

Not seeing anything. :confused:

He's talking about this.:D

This is my new to me '44 VKT M39!
44VKT.jpg

I made the last post on the last page.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As you said you can't have too many! All I need now is a '45 and I'll have one from each year of the first run (except for 1940). All of mine are on pre-99 receivers so legally they aren't even rifles here!

I believe this one was assembled post war to begin with. It's a pretty high number, and doesn't appear to be a re-blue. A lot of them in it's serial number range are built the same way.

Upvote 0
The weight difference with many Finn Mosins (m24, m28/30, m39) compared to m91/30 is about 300 grams. Not a big deal really. And M1 weights at least as much, since the minimum weight of M1 is 4,3 kg.
Idk, I have a M91/30 and M39, and the M39 feels quite a bit heavier. Atleast with the Garand I'm getting semi automatic. Just pick up a Springfield 1903 and M39, the Springfield feels like a toy compared to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Amazing that the M44 weighs more than the 91/30. :eek:

I guess that the bayonet on the M44 makes it weight more, and for the 91/30, the measurement doesn't include the bayonet. Not that the bayonet was that heavy though.

Interestingly, even if you take the M203 off, the M16A2 is only .01 pounds lighter than the 91/30.

Upvote 0