• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Idling players when reinforcements are at zero...

MILK

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Czech
2m.toh.cz
I have mentioned this in different thread but wanted to add it to this section because I think it should be done.
We have a spawn protection that works very good until reinf. go to 0% than it is pain when there is someone last alive but not playing for any reason ... and all players have only option wait for round end, which can be even few minutes or disconnet - which I know often happens.

What we need is "anti spawn protection"... when reinforcemements run out than players idling in spawnzone should be forced to leave spawnzone in some time (30 sec?) or simply killed... simple solution on simple problem...

edit... i written capzone but meant spawnzone :D .. corected

Last edited:
Yea, its usually not a big problem, but sometimes there might be a long time left -- thats annoying as hell :(

I remember once on Danzig russians had zero with a couple of idlers, we managed to find who they were and convince everyone to votekick, but took a couple of minutes just to organize...

If this worked in practice every time people could just votekick the idlers, but usually folks dont know how to... probably a simple mod for the server could fix this?

If Reinf == 0 && time in spawn > 30secs then autokill player? Sumfin like dat :p

-S

Upvote 0
30 seconds of what? Personal minefield area's for all players? Turning off all spawn area denial mine fields after reinf run out would be best.

30 seconds of spawn protection for idling players of course. A playing player will not ever need 30 sec, he moves out of the spawn area.

After 30 sec, any AFK player in a spawn spot should be a valid target for enemies, regardless of reinforcements.

But I take it you're saying the protection is not a property of the spawned player but rather a property of the spawn area itself. Both for protection and the killing of enemies who enter it. That would make a time limit impractical.

So I guess the next best thing is to have spawn protection go away when reinforcements are gone.

Upvote 0
how bout a force spectate after 30 sec anytime...

that way your not kicked but if server is full too bad you have to wait intil a spot frees up, lets face it afkers are not just a problem at the end...

they screw up over all team balance by making teams seem even , even though half are afk, so keep players on their toes after 30 sec your spectating and if too many are spectated on one side an auto balance kicks in....

that would fix the problem fairly, otherwise it just means by disabling protection at the end, that your just shooting a dieing horse, sure it ends the round but the round was lost way b4 protection is lifted.

We want a challenge updating the team balance every 30 sec would level things out, anyways only a thought...

Upvote 0