• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I own Ostfront and will pay another 25.00 for a version of Ostfront sans Steam

I own Ostfront and will pay another 25.00 for a version of Ostfront sans Steam

• Total voters
I was scared of Steam (this is my first Steam title) but tested it out a bit on my wife's PC first (my test box, LOL) and downloaded the Darwinia demo (cool game, btw) and saw that Steam could be shut down and wasn't really a hog at all.

I purchased RO:Ostfront over Steam, which was smooth and seemless. However, the #1 reason I think Steam is great for this game is my friend. He's clueless, but had no problem getting RO and Steam installed, and he'll get all the patches and updates automatically, as opposed to numerous other games where he's playing an old unpatched version and he calls me up saying "All my servers are gone..."

Upvote 0
Piemaster said:
I am still confused as to why everyone hates steam. It's not like steam itself is taking up that much room on your hard drive, it's pretty easy to remove if you ABSOLUTELY need to, and it makes getting patches and updates EXTREMELY easy. I have never had a problem.

I totally agree! I love the system and it is great to see more and more 3rd party developers beginning to use it. A game like Rag Doll Kung Fu is nice and all, but getting games like RO and Darwinia through Steam is fantastic. I don't know much about Sin but hopefully this is another solid addition.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy more copies of RO for friends to support TW and this great game. However, I vote no because I would get the Steam version again to support Valve and their great service.

Upvote 0
Well, I'm not totally in love with the Steam software, but I really like the concept of purchasing and downloading software on line.

I just don't like software that is required to run just to launch another game.

So I like Steam for it's software distribution, but not even slightly for it's software managing. I can do that myself thank you.

Upvote 0
Theres nothing wrong with Steam, it is a great idea implemented failry well. Any problem I have had has been solved pretty easily with the Support faq.

Like any new innovative software it will have problems and bugs, but it seems as if Valve has worked most of them out. Digital distribution is the future, and it makes alot of things easier. Patching, transfering games, not having to deal with physical medium, etc.

Upvote 0