• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I love the G41!!!

when you run out of ammo with the g41 you relaod two stripper clips by default. I am getting killed all the time as my guy relaods both clips and someone is shooting at me. If I could reload the first stripper clip I could return fire instead of watching my guy reload again as the ruskie gets 3-4 more shots off at me.

If I could simply press fire while the first stripper clip is being loaded it would abort relaoding the second clip saving you time and your life.

Or in the least you could make relaoding one stripper clip at a time normal so you have to press relaod twice.

If you fixed it and the sniper rifle the first way like the original mod was that would fix everything and make the game much more realistic

there is nothing worse then getting shot while relaoding and not being able to stop when you should be able to easliy. it wouldnt need extra animations made or anyother harder stuff like some other fixes just make a relaod abort for the sniper and g41.

being able to reload just 5 shells instead of absolutley haveing to each time reload all 10 would cut you reload time in half saving you ass many times over for sure.

why would you reload another stripper clip if someone is shooting at you before you are even done relaoding the first one its not right. Same goes for sniper why have to relaod 4 more shells if someone pops around the corner and is standing 5 feet from you. he can fix his bayonet and stab you before you finish reloading the other 4 shots its retarded. and for anyone arguing about this it was used on the MOD you were allowed to abort reloading the sniper rifle to save your life!!

Upvote 0
when you run out of ammo with the g41 you relaod two stripper clips by default. I am getting killed all the time as my guy relaods both clips and someone is shooting at me. If I could reload the first stripper clip I could return fire instead of watching my guy reload again as the ruskie gets 3-4 more shots off at me.

If I could simply press fire while the first stripper clip is being loaded it would abort relaoding the second clip saving you time and your life.

Or in the least you could make relaoding one stripper clip at a time normal so you have to press relaod twice.

If you fixed it and the sniper rifle the first way like the original mod was that would fix everything and make the game much more realistic

there is nothing worse then getting shot while relaoding and not being able to stop when you should be able to easliy. it wouldnt need extra animations made or anyother harder stuff like some other fixes just make a relaod abort for the sniper and g41.

being able to reload just 5 shells instead of absolutley haveing to each time reload all 10 would cut you reload time in half saving you ass many times over for sure.

why would you reload another stripper clip if someone is shooting at you before you are even done relaoding the first one its not right. Same goes for sniper why have to relaod 4 more shells if someone pops around the corner and is standing 5 feet from you. he can fix his bayonet and stab you before you finish reloading the other 4 shots its retarded. and for anyone arguing about this it was used on the MOD you were allowed to abort reloading the sniper rifle to save your life!!

how about reloading after shooting 5 rounds instead? -.-

Upvote 0
Comparing the G41 and the MG34 in Red Orchestra is a flawed argument, and here's why.

The MG34 does not have nearly the amount of impact in the game as the G41 one does. This is the fault of improper gameplay mechanics, or the lack thereof. A machinegunner is nowhere near as effective as a man with a G41 because A) The Machinegunner was be deployed, and we know how awful of a mess that is at the moment, B) The G41 is much more accurate than a deployed MG, and finally C) The player with a G41 can stand/crouch/peek around corners and do everything to avoid enemy fire. A machinegunner can't and is a sitting duck. Anything a machinegunner can do, a semiautomatic rifleman can do better.

Now I am not saying either weapon does not have its faults; surely they both do and that is why they were replaced with a new and improved version. This game needs weapon jams or something of that nature to fix these innacuracies. What it all boils down to is this - If Red Orchestra had the Chauchaut, it would perform perfectly, and that is both an injustice to history and to selling Red Orchestra as a realistic game. The same thing can be said now for the G41 and MG34, or any weapon for that matter (and I won't even bring up tanks). Everything performs perfectly fine, everything single time something is fired. I am not asking for super-ultra-realism, but I think jams should be an occurence based on the weapon being used based on actual field performance.

A person in a game I was in today suggested Tripwire should add the FG-42. I told him that it was a rare weapon. He replied that the paratroopers used it, to which I said they stopped using the Fallschirmjager after the invasion of Crete. He said 'so?'. This seems like the path RO is headed. What's next, the SKS?

yes i feelt the same. With the risk of starting a flame war again...

but i really hoped for more fixes for the armor and a "slightly" more realistic feeling of weapons like the MGs.

Nothing against new featuers. But why not fixing features (a way to weak 88mm canon!), that are already ingame first ?

Upvote 0
I agree with all these things. An even manlier solution, though, would be to allow bashing/stabbing in the middle of a reload.

"durrrrrr, I'll just dance around here putting bullets in my gun while I get shot and stabbed to death"

In the mod, you could interupt a reload to perform a melee attack. Which saved my arse at least once.

Upvote 0
I appear in the minority opinion on this one. I love how it sounds but I find it MUCH harder to aim with. It skies really badly after one shot and its hip shooting ability even at absolute point blank are really poor. Major downgrade from the 43 or the Avto.

But that would make it historically accurate I guess, since it should not be as good as the 43.

I am just sorry to see it on Baskin Valley. With a 43 I am always way at the top of the list. With the 41 I can barely defend myself in close quarters since I can fire a whole clip at someone with a bayonet and miss with every shot inside ten yards.

It IS accurate with one, single shot from far away. But all rifles in the game are.

Upvote 0
It would make it easy if you could just reload one stripper clip then like I said your relaod time is cut in half if you choose.

Another direction I would like to see them take is stripper clips for the g43. It is dewsigned to take stripper clips adn in fact infantry was only given 2 magazines and 6 stripper clips. This wasy you would be able to use someones kar ammo !!!!!!!! and it maeks the game more realistic.

No german soldiers had 4 or 5 clips with their g43 it just didnt happen like that.

Still it is lame you have to reload all the sniper shells and all the g41 clips at once.

The sniper reload time could be 5 times less that it is now and the g41 would be 2 times faster.

Upvote 0