• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I love the G41!!!

Sight

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2006
Thank you Tripwire for makeing this weapon so beatifull.

Specially the IS is something i fell in love with!!!! The sound is also very nice and the model in general is fantastic.When using IS it seems like the weapon has the perfect distance to the "eye" and it has a very realistic feeling! Thx a lot Tripwire.

And it s not only looking great,it s the perfect counter part to the Strelok-Avto class on maps where the G43 simply didn t yet exist!!! Very clever move Tripwire and very nicely done !!!!

Thx a lot !!!!!

Yeah, it's nice and all but theoretically it shouldn't be that way. It was an awful rifle in real life and it makes a poor contigency to the SVT. I still prefer the K98... And more people should have the dedication to get good with the best rifle in the game instead of shipping out for this mediocracy of a rifle.

How the hell is it an awful rifle in "real life"? It jams when you don't clean it. Most guns do. That's all. Was it a good front line rifle? Not necessarily, due to the problems with fouling.

It was the same case with the MG34. A heavy, complicated, expensive German firearm which had the tendency to jam when dirty. As a result, the MG42 was designed and built instead.

Sound familiar? (hint: it is a complete parallel of the G41-to-G43 story)

So, do you think the MG34 was awful, too? Because it suffered from all of the problems that the G41 did.

In real life, the G41 was a heavy, comfortable-to-shoot (the weight did wonders to reduce felt recoil) weapon that was rather accurate to boot. It had to be reloaded with stripper clips, but so did the G43 more often than not; a soldier was only assigned three magazines from the factory, and that's if he was lucky.

Also, the G41 could have a bayonet. Why Tripwire didn't give it one, I can only guess.

p.s. the reload animation is sort of odd as well, I'm not sure why swinging an 11-pound rifle around while reloading it is necessary.

Upvote 0
How the hell is it an awful rifle in "real life"? It jams when you don't clean it. Most guns do. That's all. Was it a good front line rifle? Not necessarily, due to the problems with fouling.

It was the same case with the MG34. A heavy, complicated, expensive German firearm which had the tendency to jam when dirty. As a result, the MG42 was designed and built instead.

Sound familiar? (hint: it is a complete parallel of the G41-to-G43 story)

So, do you think the MG34 was awful, too? Because it suffered from all of the problems that the G41 did.

In real life, the G41 was a heavy, comfortable-to-shoot (the weight did wonders to reduce felt recoil) weapon that was rather accurate to boot. It had to be reloaded with stripper clips, but so did the G43 more often than not; a soldier was only assigned three magazines from the factory, and that's if he was lucky.

Also, the G41 could have a bayonet. Why Tripwire didn't give it one, I can only guess.

p.s. the reload animation is sort of odd as well, I'm not sure why swinging an 11-pound rifle around while reloading it is necessary.

Comparing the G41 and the MG34 in Red Orchestra is a flawed argument, and here's why.

The MG34 does not have nearly the amount of impact in the game as the G41 one does. This is the fault of improper gameplay mechanics, or the lack thereof. A machinegunner is nowhere near as effective as a man with a G41 because A) The Machinegunner was be deployed, and we know how awful of a mess that is at the moment, B) The G41 is much more accurate than a deployed MG, and finally C) The player with a G41 can stand/crouch/peek around corners and do everything to avoid enemy fire. A machinegunner can't and is a sitting duck. Anything a machinegunner can do, a semiautomatic rifleman can do better.

Now I am not saying either weapon does not have its faults; surely they both do and that is why they were replaced with a new and improved version. This game needs weapon jams or something of that nature to fix these innacuracies. What it all boils down to is this - If Red Orchestra had the Chauchaut, it would perform perfectly, and that is both an injustice to history and to selling Red Orchestra as a realistic game. The same thing can be said now for the G41 and MG34, or any weapon for that matter (and I won't even bring up tanks). Everything performs perfectly fine, everything single time something is fired. I am not asking for super-ultra-realism, but I think jams should be an occurence based on the weapon being used based on actual field performance.

A person in a game I was in today suggested Tripwire should add the FG-42. I told him that it was a rare weapon. He replied that the paratroopers used it, to which I said they stopped using the Fallschirmjager after the invasion of Crete. He said 'so?'. This seems like the path RO is headed. What's next, the SKS?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
add bayo and reload on clip at a time. ie you have to tap reload again to put the second clip in.

I dont think it is that big of a deal that it was add as long as its not on to many maps and doesnt show up on every custom map...

Maybe there could be one slot for the g41 instead of 2 but that would be the only thing i would change.

And is it just me or does this gun sound really good?

Upvote 0
Comparing the G41 and the MG34 in Red Orchestra is a flawed argument, and here's why.

The MG34 does not have nearly the amount of impact in the game as the G41 one does. This is the fault of improper gameplay mechanics, or the lack thereof. A machinegunner is nowhere near as effect as a man with a G41 because A) The Machinegunner was be deployed, and we know how awful of a mess that is at the moment, B) The G41 is much more accurate than a deployed MG, and finally C) The player with a G41 can stand/crouch/peek around corners and do everything to avoid enemy fire. A machinegunner can't and is a sitting duck. Anything a machinegunner can do, a semiautomatic rifleman can do better.

Now I am not saying either weapon does not have its faults; surely they both do and that is why they were replaced with a new and improved version. This game needs weapon jams or something of that nature to fix these innacuracies. What it all boils down to is this - If Red Orchestra had the Chauchaut, it would perform perfectly, and that is both an injustice to history and to selling Red Orchestra as a realistic game. The same thing can be said now for the G41 and MG34, or any weapon for that matter (and I won't even bring up tanks). Everything performs perfectly fine, everything single time something is fired. I am not asking for super-ultra-realism, but I think jams should be an occurence based on the weapon being used based on actual field performance.

A person in a game I was in today suggested Tripwire should add the FG-42. I told him that it was a rare weapon. He replied that the paratroopers used it, to which I said they stopped using the Fallschirmjager after the invasion of Crete. He said 'so?'. This seems like the path RO is headed. What's next, the SKS?

Good argument!

I havent even tried the G41 yet but Im sure its pure sex in a can!! But if this gun performs like the g43 or SVT in my hands, then something isnt right.

The weapon was notorius. NOTORIUS I tell thee!! A hated and dare I say a completely useless weapon IRL! I think its completely rediculous to say this is an accurate portrayal of a G41...

Come on RO, I thought firing a weapon in-game was meant to be as close to the real thing any fps has to offer..??! :(

Upvote 0
Good argument!

I havent even tried the G41 yet but Im sure its pure sex in a can!! But if this gun performs like the g43 or SVT in my hands, then something isnt right.

The weapon was notorius. NOTORIUS I tell thee!! A hated and dare I say a completely useless weapon IRL! I think its completely rediculous to say this is an accurate portrayal of a G41...

Come on RO, I thought firing a weapon in-game was meant to be as close to the real thing any fps has to offer..??! :(

The G41 was crap because of reasons that aren't modelled in RO. To be honest, I don't think TW should have added them, since it was a relatively rare weapon. At the very least, we should see it on ONLY one map.

But since it IS in the game, and things like environmental jams from dirt or cold aren't modelled for ANY weapon, I don't see why the G41 wouldn't perform just fine. Gun designers aren't morons. They're not going to make a gun that jams all the time.

I'm curious to know what the detractors think should be done to affect the gun to make it "bad."

Upvote 0
Paratroopers did continue to fight after the invasion of Crete, they merely weren't allowed to do any combat jumps anymore. What did you think? Hitler just locked them in his basement after Crete or what?:D
There's a famous picture of a dead paratrooper lying in the streets of Berlin with a late model FG42 right next to him.

That doesn't mean however that I'm for modeling an FG42... for now.

What would you want changed with the G41? Besides jamming, that is.

Do you want them to add some unrealistic restricitions that would balance the gun? That's what they did with the PPSh and look what it brought us: A totally crippled AND UNREALISTIC gun.

Upvote 0