• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I love grenades

C_Gibby

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
I think this is something that hasn't been talked about much.

I love the grenades in KF2. You throw them, they explode, they kill lots of trash zeds, and anything they don't kill gets stumbled.

Such a massive change from KF1. In KF1, grenades didn't feel useful outside of certain situations, and usually needed to be paired with a perk. It was also bothersome that trash zeds would avoid grenades like the plague, making them guaranteed ineffective outside of cramped corridoors. If you weren't a Support or Demo, you'd mostly use your grenades to kill yourself.

But here in KF2, grenades are destructive and work like one would expect them to.

Thank you TWI for the gift of grenades. Who else is loving grenades?

I'm happy that they look as great as they do. And when I play Commando I also like being less useless when the Fleshpounds roll in.

And the best part? It counts to your perk XP. Even though Commando is a trash-sweeper, when I see a hallway stuffed with zeds, I feel my grenades call out to me, begging to be thrown. In KF1 I forgot I even had them.

Upvote 0
The difference between the He grenades and the frag grenades is brilliant, really enjoying using both, the frag is a classic and it's great to see it used effectively in zed time.

Not a major fan of the zerk's grenades, but that's just because I like big boom explosives. Medic's are great too, when they light up a dark area and you're holding them off it's a good feeling.

Upvote 0
One of the best changes so far. First of all, I love the fact that there are different nades.
Than I must say they have finally become EFFECTIVE. They can kill trash zeds or deal serious damages.
In the first game, I hate how they were basically useless and pushed zeds around, with a very small area effect.

Upvote 0
I have to agree, i think its the thing i've actually said the most while playing with my community, everytime i throw a grenade into a big horde there's always a chance im going to say i love grenades in this game! The ones in the first KF just felt useless and i felt like i had to throw all my grenades to even put any damage onto zeds

Upvote 0
Just from a visual perspective the grenades are wonderful. But functionality-wise, it's pretty cool that we're getting multiple variants. That blue Medic grenade cloud is just lovely and it makes me excited for seeing what the Firebug's will be like.

Are you a Support shooting down a hallway or through a doorway? Not only are you maximizing your shotgun's penetration but your frag grenades are also playing to that. The look and sound of the nails (at least they look like nails) bouncing off the walls is super cool in zed-time. :D

I assume Demo will get something similar to the Commando's HE nade? Or maybe weaker versions of pipe-bombs that are more expensive than the other classes' grenades?

Much love for the grenades in this game!

Upvote 0
I find it interesting how sirens don't destroy grenades with their screams, kinda miss it. But yea grenades are much more effective in this game.

What do you mean? They do destroy grenades, that's their strongest ability after pull was removed.
About the topic: Yeah grenades deserve a special thumbs up, I love throwing a grenade in front of a door at the moment it cracks open. Boooomm :D

Upvote 0