• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound I have my soudpack: how do i make a mutator and distribute it?

The arty new sounds are great mate when you find someone to do a mutant thingy for it i'll definately have a copy.
The incoming in the clips from Afgan, were mortars, arty tends to make a slicing thru the air nosie cos the volume the shell is much larger.

Definately keep the explosions for your arty very good indeed. :D

Upvote 0
These do sound great, but you should fix the cannon sound also.

Come on, how the hell I can hear artillery shots before the shells, since generally sound goes like, what 340m\s? in 20 degrees (celsius) hot air, while artillery shell can travel like 2-3x faster than the sound, but we can hear those cannons firing far far away :rolleyes:

So technically after the 4-6 shells you could hear the cannon sound, presuming if we our ears are not ringing and the sound is not absorbed or simply 'lost' in middle of everything :p

And also considering the distance where the arty would be fired, I doubt I would hear the cannon sound in the first place. Mortars would be rather diffrent, but large calibre artillery shells (75mm+) ? :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You do hear the sound of the arty firing before the hits, because the shells are fired in trajectory meaning an ark so the sound reaches you before the shell hits. Also remember the arty pieces will be and couple of Kilometers back from the front or maybe more so you would hear the deep thump of them firing. The futher back they were the less trajectory and the less time between firing thumps and impacts.
d3v i would say keep the distant booms from original, but have the new impacts they rock!
But yeah ears would be doing one hell of a ringing at that point hahaha.

Bp

Last edited:
Upvote 0