• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I feel bad...

george

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 23, 2006
After playing about a full 2 1/2 hours, I got to know quite a few people, most of whom were on the trial. They were all VERY nice and asked intelligent questions, like how to increase the range mark on the tanks and what not. I'd say 90% of the people playing REALLY want to get to know the game and be good at it. I can accross one person screaming into the mic, but that was it.

george said:
After playing about a full 2 1/2 hours, I got to know quite a few people, most of whom were on the trial. They were all VERY nice and asked intelligent questions, like how to increase the range mark on the tanks and what not. I'd say 90% of the people playing REALLY want to get to know the game and be good at it. I can accross one person screaming into the mic, but that was it.

You got lucky,

on our server there was constant spawn nading by lots of peeps, several writing all CAPS and alot of "F#CK YOU NOOB!". lol:p

Upvote 0
Yeah, there's something electric in the air... I played a couple hours - nothing substantial... but I really didn't see any asshats. The worst thing is I saw people who were new, trying to figure things out, but honestly weren't 'trying' to be bad... just a little green. And there's nothing wrong with that!

Upvote 0
I've been trying to teach the newcomers some of the ropes and, by and large, msot of them have been quite receptive to that. Enough so that I am quite glad to say that I was wrong with my inital thoughts on the free week.

Bout the only complaint I really have is the people that don't quite learn quick enough that if I drop to the ground all of a sudden, they should too. Otherwise, they turn themselves from a new recruit learning the skills and tactics of the game, to a nade-attractor.

And the Tanis does not like the nades landing within range of him.

Upvote 0
Hats off to TRIPWIRE for a resounding success, I would say.

I only have a couple of hours a night that I can dedicate to RO. I've enjoyed helping out the new players tonight. Most of whom are anxious to learn. There are the few inevitable tards, but for the most part its been great. Even the VOIP chatter has been good. A couple of veterans will talk strategy and locations and soon everyone is asking "how to chat". When they figure it out, they contribute.

Been great. Wish I had more time to devote to the process.

Floyd

Upvote 0